GURPS Banestorm redux

@discobot roll 3d6 vs not fucking up and being seen.

The plan is for a quick look into the hall and back behind the wall again.

If that works then a second somewhat longer look.

I wish now I had thought to order the map table to release the elementals or something else to keep them from using it to track us or even discovering the hidden wall.

:game_die: 2, 6, 6

Oh shit.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot roll 3d6 vs taking a longer look without getting an arrow in the eye.

:game_die: 6, 4, 4

Dude, you suck

1 Like

Is there anything in this world equivalent to ninjas or just plain old special forces types that we’d be aware of? These cats are awful quiet as they go about their business.

Level 20 rogues?

1 Like

Thwip has no idea what a “ninja” is; Japanese-ancestry people are not common in Megalos.

However, hyper-stealthiness is something of a Goblin specialty (although Thwip is not spectacularly talented in that area). And it’s a world in which silence can be magically assisted…

1 Like

Thwip will attempt to see if a tube of some sort is in his pocket via gizmo to… hopefully… peek through the wall in a more stealthy way than sticking his face out.

If not he’ll keep an ear out for anything that might sound like, “There’s a secret wall according to this map table!”

2 Likes

I have drawn a Thwip as a desperado.

3 Likes

Halfway through writing up the next big instalment, BTW, and it’s dramatic. Watch this space.

3 Likes

I’m about to type. Let me know if I write anything contrary to what we established previously over on BB and I’ll edit… or flat out delete it if it’s way wrong.

EDIT: Done

Adding up the assorted dungeon loot, you’ve got:

• Eabd’s armoury.
  • The locked box marked “haram”.
  • An assortment of unlabelled potions.
  • A potion labelled “hidden”
  • Aronn had his staff, the ring that Thwip swallowed, the box it came in, and a few bits of jewellery (probably power stones). The rest is on the surface.
  • The elves, combined, have about $1,000 in coin in their pouches. One had a piece of jewellery that might also be a power stone. Their weapons are of good but not exceptional quality.

The gear stashed in the entrance is damp but still there.

Let’s grab the coins and jewels. Both decorative and magical. I feel that the centaurs loyalty might be buyable. If not they might fall to our chatty charms.

For ourselves, let’s grab our new weapons and the haram box. Thwip will use Aronn’s staff as support as well since he’s one armed now.

Would it be within his abilities/ Yirth’s TL to try and miniaturize the airgun technology?

Probably, but you’d need a workshop and a fair bit of time to fiddle about. Thinking of pistols?

Ain’t nothing else happening in this dungeon, BTW. And a quick peek at the map table reveals no sign of either the centaurs, your horses or Aronn’s carriage.

Post to the narrative thread once you decide to poke your heads out. Detail as to exactly how you’re carrying the gear would be good. Every piece of Eabd’s armoury is worth thousands, but even Ranar would struggle to haul it all unless you drag it on an improvised sled or something.

I am indeed and it may or may not be because of the picture I drew up above. If we get back to civilization in one piece and with out loot intact maybe we can do some sort of montage.

As for the rest of it, Thwip will continue to follow Ranar’s lead.

In the short term, there’s always pistol crossbows…

1 Like

@DaakSyde What are we gonna do about the bodies? Thwip has a broken arm and there isn’t enough wood out in the scrub land for a pyre. @Wanderfound Would Thwip’s Greek fire burn hot enough and long enough to do the job? Probably not enough of it given he can carry it.