Handy dandy weird little web sites / tools thread

Starting a thread to keep track of the weird, wonderful, and just plain useful little sites and tools. Sort of a community knowledge bank, of sorts. A web ring of posts, if you will.

Cartoon.pho.to is a site for quickly manipulating expressions in photos. It’s been a real joy to use to quickly bash out reaction images. Found it works best with stylzed images, like my avatar.

1e90c589_o

C5086FE1-F2A2-4371-BD40-E96DE9FC4FCC

bc4f1b48_o

10 Likes

^ adds a social-media ready pride border to image.

5 Likes

Whenever I do a Google image search what always comes up first is a stock photo, with a watermark. I was able to find a version without it with an image search tool called Tineye. May not work all the time.

5 Likes
5 Likes

104.245.35.109:8000/radionewvegas

weird web radio station with GPT-3 generated text, read by a voice synthesizer cloned from the characters of Mister New Vegas and Three Dog.

3 Likes

That was pretty wild - it opened a media player where the length continually updates as it’s playing, so the playbar bounced back and forth in time as if it were dancing to the music.

Even wilder, when that song ended, it immediately started playing the very last song I listened to on Youtube just a few minutes ago.

1 Like