Have we figured out why there are two Popo people?

For a few days, everyone had permissions to change their username. I was just about to temporarily change mine to MotherIchael but it’s now locked in.

6 Likes

I can’t say that I’m thrilled with the situation. At best it feels like punching sideways.

6 Likes

What a card!

8 Likes

Mine ears are burning. Like popocorn.

People are saying we are two people, but I don’t believe in privileging people. For instance, I might be a mollusk. Or a potato-battery-powered sentence. Or an ear of corn. We might be one, or 100, or the nothing.

Go on with your badself and marinate on dat shit.

12 Likes

Yes but how do you define the word “people”? I use it to mean “that weird stuff you get at the corners of your mouth when you wake up dehydrated.”

If everyone else could only adapt to my usage of the word, I think we could all agree that the world would be a better place.

16 Likes

Your usage isn’t as globally inclusive as mine, as I use “people” to refer to “the weird stuff anything gets at the corners of their mouth (where I define “mouth” to be any orifice or non-orifice) when it wakes up dehydrated.”

15 Likes

Well yes, but I’m sure you would understand (given that the central definition here is “eye bogeys”) that dehydration really has nothing to do with it at all.

“Eye bogeys” here really have no further validity in our conversation, though. Perhaps we can all agree to eliminate the concept of eye bogeys, and focus instead on your heteronormative use of the word “orifice”? Isn’t that the real issue being discussed?

14 Likes
7 Likes

Setting up a dichotomy between “orifice” and “non-orifice” just perpetuates the binary thinking that prevents people from seeing the world as it really is. What about orifices that self-identify as non-orifices, and vice versa?

16 Likes

It seems like there might some holes in this.

13 Likes

A mere ‘like’ is insufficient to indicate my appreciation for that chuckle!

8 Likes