Healthcare Deform

Short term thinking will doom us all, if we don’t get a handle on it. Sure, a company has to make enough to keep going, but screwing over the future to juice this quarter’s earnings got us nowhere good.

9 Likes

Thread about NC Republicans lying about the schedule and abusing 9/11 commemoration in order to try to force through a vetoed budget bill without Medicaid expansion:

7 Likes
6 Likes

Ridiculous. You’d think the money would be there to keep them on, and rotate them with the clinicians who are overworked and exhausted (with extra training if necessary). But I guess clinicians in the US are mostly owned by private equity firms.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the thing. For all the money we pump into this clusterfuck of a system, it’s never anywhere it needs to be.

6 Likes

I think the system is working as designed. Unfortunately, capitalism has become a death cult, and it’s working out just fine for the people who consider themselves to be the only ones who matter. The rest of us are just soylent green to them.

6 Likes

3 Likes

The free market is apparently wasteful.

2 Likes

Interesting. My brief scan of the data suggests that the US spends the most and has among the fewest doctors per person among the richest countries.

I wonder if there’s a connection. /s

3 Likes
1 Like

I want to be Celia Lovsky when I grow up!

1 Like
3 Likes
5 Likes

Okay, so my skin has been breaking out worse and worse. I have a referral to see an out-of-network dermatologist.

Should I (a) try to schedule the appointment, or (b) try to find an in-network dermatologist, and if so, HOW? And (c ) if I do find an in-network dermatologist, should I ask my doctor for a referral? And (d) who the hell thought this mess was a good idea?

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes