Hot enough for ya?

I normally have to water my bonsai trees twice a day in the summer, but it’s going to be three times a day for the next few weeks, at least. I watered at 7:30 and by 3:00, some of them were completely dry. So, I spent 10 minutes watering, and now I’m hot and exhausted. In high school, I’d walk home 2 miles from school in 100+ degree heat, and it only made me thirsty. I feel old, desiccated and overheated.

So, is it hot enough for 'ya, where you are?

Are you wondering why I’m talking about the weather when the world is falling apart? I just need to feel a little normal, between bouts of existential dread and desperate sorrow.

11 Likes

Nope.

Trade ya if I could; I need a tan…

7 Likes

And if I was out there, I’d need a sweater. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I took the weather in Santa Cruz for granted the whole time I lived there. Ah, the frivolity of youth.

8 Likes

Well, it’s almost July, so 90’s+ is about par for the course around here. But I like to stay inside anyway, in the AC. That thing you have up there in the sky – it’s got quite a glare to it.

7 Likes

Mid 90s for the next week. But in 6 days… … Vacation.

where it looks to be 80s for a high and … upper 70s for a low.

hmmmm

8 Likes

possibly related:

First time I’ve ever heard the term “heat dome”. A heat wave I can deal with, because it’ll just roll on by, but a dome just sounds so oppressive.

13 Likes

Domes? Where we’re going we don’t need domes.

5 Likes

We’re a stuck here athome
Welcome to the Thermal Dome
On our way home
Going home where Air Con groans
Stuck here at home
Welcome to the Thermal Dome

6 Likes

For those of you stuck with archaic systems of measurement…

9 Likes

Tuesday afternoon looks nice! Actually, the whole week does. No coat and mittens required, very low chance of frostbite. I’ll enjoy it while it lasts.

Have you read “Under the Dome” by Stephen King?

Where’s Mad Max when we need him?

8 Likes

Keep in mind, I just took the screencap a few minutes ago, like 11:30 at night. :clock1130: Plus it’s humid, which makes it worse… :confounded:

6 Likes

Yesh.

Good book, terrible tv adaptation.

4 Likes

Oh man. Sorry to moan, but it’s so cold here on the other side of the world. It’s supposedly 10°C but it feels like about 2°. It seems I’m hardly ever at a comfortable temp, whatever the time of year. Too hot or too cold. Dammit weather!

:facepunch::cloud:

8 Likes

Singapore hits 32°c (90f) with 80-95% humidity most days, year round.

Because I’m on the equator, I tend to lose track of what season it is; it’s either “hot” or “hot and rainy” all the time here. I was in Shanghai last week and was looking forward to a break from the constant heat but I completely forgot that July is summer in the northern hemisphere.

It hit 38°c (100f) most days last week. Now I’m back in Singapore, it feels positively cool by comparison. Being able to actually breathe the air is nice too…

10 Likes

That’s about what it is here in St Louis except there’s air conditioning. Air conditioning that can’t quite keep up, but better than none.

I can’t operate in weather like this.

10 Likes

Same. We didn’t have central air (just heat) until I started working from home. It became a much more pressing requirement all of a sudden.

7 Likes