I say: To Hell With the NFL

Took two of them but then the scores were read out with the results on tv voice in my head.

10 Likes

I can honestly say I’ve seen as many football games as I’ve seen episodes of Roseanne. None. And that feels so good.

6 Likes

I can honestly say I’ve seen about the same number of each as well…greater than zero, however; enough to show me that neither is worth my time and attention.

You got off easy!

6 Likes

I’ve been in the same room while NFL was on the telly… I think the last time was Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction, which I didn’t actually see.

Roseanne I watched once, the old series. Come to think of it, it was about Roseanne’s breasts as well (she got a reduction).

5 Likes

It’s not like the days when the Trail Smoke Eaters could win two World Ice Hockey championships (1939 and 1961).

4 Likes

I was watching that Superb Owl, but it was a particularly boring game and even the commercials were boring, so I left during the halftime show. My laundry piling up was more interesting than anything on the teevee at the time, so I attended to that instead. As soon as I decide it wasn’t worth watching, boom, wardrobe malfunction.

You know what? My laundry was still more interesting.

8 Likes

Oh? What kind of wardrobe malfunctions did you end up having?

9 Likes

None. Everything went fine with my laundry.

The Superb Owl couldn’t even get that right.

6 Likes

That happened to Lucy, didn’t it?

4 Likes

Occasionally, I get wooed by vendors with tickets to whatever sportsball game they are using as a promotional event.

I went to a couple of Hockey games, and those were fine. (May have had something to do with the suite and open bar though)

I went to a Basketball game and left early as it bored me.

I gave the football tickets to someone who cared since the thought of going to the city was worse then even thinking about going to the game.

7 Likes

Those make anything watchable! For everything else, there’s Ambien!

7 Likes

I dunno if that’s a good idea. That’s in the news today for having a new purported side effect.

9 Likes
9 Likes

My mom once had this weird night on ambien where she woke up naked on the bathroom floor the next morning. It really freaked her out. She cut the dose down. She cut herself a bit and still has no idea how that happened.

11 Likes

That is right. I didn’t know about that new side effect

7 Likes

You’re thinking of pot.

Ambien turns you into a racist conspiracy kook.

7 Likes

Speaking as someone who had to drive out to Arlington Heights and Elk Grove Village today…it’s just as bad going the other direction, too!

5 Likes

I actually like American football, so the boycott is something of an inconvenience for me.

I look forwards to celebrating the first winners of the Kaepernick Cup, played by community-owned teams under CTE-preventing rules.

9 Likes

I’ve tried. But I blame growing up in a non-sports family coupled with being 1000s of miles from any professional league with just leaving me very neutral to most team sports.

Sure, a good American Football game can be fun, but I usually get distracted now by how much processing is going into the graphic overlays.

7 Likes