If they can just get rid of the disabled people

The government already excludes us from the healthcare marketplace, and now, where some states have expanded medicaid, they want to kick disabled people off medicaid too.

We’re not supposed to get treatment for treatable conditions. We don’t get accessibility and accommodations. We’re supposed to die. Quietly, and without making a fuss.

11 Likes

And if climate change keeps up there won’t be enough ice floes to put them all on.

I hate to say it, but my rage quotient has become too high to directly hear anything about the bastard in D.C. I keep forcing myself to be informed, but it is becoming very trying.

9 Likes

Autistic Self-Advocacy Network on the change:

https://autistic-self-advocacy-network.dm.networkforgood.com/emails/60789?recipient_id=IxQt1T_YDlyfPdD2POLBXw

3 Likes

and here’s a thing. don’t people when they’re able to work, pay into medicade? isn’t the point that we all contribute in case we ourselves wind up unable to work for medical reasons?

they call it entitlement, but the money doesn’t grow on trees. we built it up. who are they to take it away?

7 Likes

They’re followers of Republican Jesus. Remember:
Blessed are the rich, for theirs is the kingdom
Blessed are the gun owners, for they shall inheirit the earth
Blessed are you when you persecute others…

Christ, they’re assholes. Every last one of them are complicit.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Apparently the proposal may allow states to use ssdi eligibility to determine medicaid eligibility. Now my understanding is that you have to be out of work for 6 months, and then you have to struggle with the bureaucracy an average of 24 more months. And being disabled and lacking coverage may make it harder to struggle with the bureaucracy.

4 Likes

Huh? It’s almost like they put some thought into that.

5 Likes