"If this isn't nice..." A space for happy moments

Nice. I clearly remember a password that I used 25 years ago (quarter of a century!) but I only know 2 of the passwords that I use now. :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Those are pretty amazing.

But I would like to see Victor Mature as a dark, brooding Thor. Even though his hair would be the wrong color.

5 Likes

Heā€™d better not do the splits. :scream:

2 Likes

Sorry, you seem to have a typo thereā€¦didnā€™t you mean ā€œheā€™d better do the splitsā€? :wink:

5 Likes

Depends on your point of view.

2 Likes

We went to a Friends of the Library Book Sale this morning, which would be nice by itself if not reportworthy, where I picked up the first Trixie Belden mystery in hardcover, then to a Mini Maker Faire which was very mini but at least walkable and not the 45 mile drive it was years ago, then walked to a difficult geocache spot. I had been hoisted to Ground Zero (GZ) when a woman came by and correctly guessed what I was up to, dropping the Geocache name. After some inadvertent mauling of utilities (I learned an assembly of three adults over 30 and one youth can do amazing things without attracting suspicion), I did find the cache, she helped me down, and together we logged it. Now we are Geocache Pals, huzzah! Oh yeah, and I went a teensy bit viral on Mastodon and I bought a 2600 magazine. Life is showing its splendid side to me today!

15 Likes

Someone hid a geocache in the one location in the city where I live that never fails to rocket me out of despair or doldrums. Yes of course I found it. ETA: Who knew lifeā€™s little surprises could be sweet, sly and sudden?

12 Likes

Iā€™ve been growing out my beard for some time (mostly at the request of Mrs S for something less spikey) and itā€™s got a bitā€¦unruly.

I finally decided to get it trimmed into shape and the guy who did it was fantastic, really putting me at ease and making sure I understood the options. As a result, the beard looks great and not like there may be birds nesting in it!

15 Likes

I would think this is a golden era for beard knowledge in barber shops, especially in some neighborhoods!

10 Likes

I ran into someone yesterday who Iā€™ve met occasionally a dozen times or soā€¦ and they didnā€™t recognize me without my beard. Kind of freaked me out, itā€™s been a couple of months since I shaved it off, and Iā€™m a pretty memorable guy, bearded or not.

6 Likes

Have had one for ~40 years. Covers a multitude of chins.

8 Likes

Whenever my dude trims his beard from mountain-man length to business-man length, I always think his face looks oddly small for a day or two. Because I get used to the ā€œface stuffā€ extending to the upper chest area, all winter. If he ever shaves it off entirely, I will probably faint at the sight, because I have never seen his upper lip. Iā€™ve only seen his chin for a few days after an unfortunate shaving incident, about 18 years ago.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve decided I have to stick to Business Beard. This last time I let it go for nearly 4 months with just some shaping done and it just stopped at an awkward length that was more trouble than it was worth.

7 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had mine for 25 years now. I grew it mostly because I didnā€™t like shaving but there were few if any beards on ā€˜young peopleā€™ at the time so I got a lot of stick for it. Itā€™s great, if a little odd, to see facial hair make such a comeback.

Mrs S doesnā€™t know what I look like without hair and has wisely vetoed any attempt at shaving in case she doesnā€™t like whatā€™s underneath.

7 Likes

I keep mine trimmed short because if it starts getting long enough I habitually, unconsciously, and incessantly twist it. But I never shave it, because every time I tried that turned out to be

(Cleanshaven I feel like I have awkward puberty face, and I had plenty of that as a kid.)

6 Likes

My neighbor brought me breakfast this morning; beans and tortillas, and scrambled eggs with sausage. Bless her heart.

15 Likes

Do whatever is in your power to make sure she never moves house.

10 Likes

ā€œWhatever is in your powerā€?

:frowning:

11 Likes

Yeah, but then she wonā€™t be able to make him breakfast anymore.

7 Likes