I'm a Monster (a confessional)

You’re a saint. More for me.

Cats have it coming. They’re the monsters.

6 Likes

Only half a like for you. Cats aren’t monsters. Most of the time. Well, some of the time. If they’re happy.

7 Likes

only monsters hate cats. it is known.

9 Likes
9 Likes

What does it say about me that I feel less awkward about fake-killing-off the accounts that I use for testing than fake-marrying them off?

7 Likes

As revenge, I would give nieces and nephews musical instuments for Christmas presents.
(no batteries required. :smiling_imp:)

8 Likes

heh heh heh

Another good one is crafty, gluing things for kids with lots of glitter.:smiling_imp:

9 Likes

My personal favourite has been a Spider-Man web launcher.

6 Likes

It’s not original, but I still like the quip that glitter is the herpes of craft materials.

7 Likes

Finally we’ve realized it’s the herpes of the planet, along with all the plastic microbits around. Whenever we get a greeting card covered with glitter I’m tempted to throw it out and forward the cleaning bill to the sender.

9 Likes

We get fewer Xmas cards every year, but about 4 out of 5 are coated in glitter, so I can sympathize.

However, by the terms of this thread, I am obligated to say, “You monster!”.

8 Likes

i personally have nothing against glitter. WHO’S THE MONSTER NOW, HUH??

8 Likes

8 Likes

For my Cub Scout pack, each of the adults has been assigned to bring in a STEM project this week.

I’m bringing in popsicle sticks, straws, and elastic bands to make rubber band harmonicas.

I have to put up with the noise for 90 minutes, tops. The parents, on the other hand… :smiling_imp:

19 Likes

Give the parents this advice: Rubber cement, using some of those popsicle sticks to push it in, makes pretty good moldable earplugs.

8 Likes

Think i’d go with a chaotic pendulum.

3 Likes

It’s a thought, but almost certainly more expensive to construct. Especially if I want them to take one home with them.

3 Likes

True.

3 Likes

Could you make one from sticks, acorns, a couple of nails, and a drill and saw?

4 Likes

I might be able to MacGyver something, but one of the necessary parts for a double pendulum to work properly is the low-friction bearing, which is surprisingly hard to find in nature.

5 Likes