Impeachment 2: Electric Boogaloo

Oh, she’s great. It’s almost as good as having a vote. They should’ve appointed the rep from PR as an impeachment manager as well.

1 Like

They she was the first delegate to be appointed to the role, so that’s good.

The footage with Eugene Goodman was pretty harrowing… They got close, didn’t they?

2 Likes

“we have folks entering the rotunda and heading this way…”

The officer saying that sounds so mundane and calm.

3 Likes

Stacey Plaskett is the IM from VI.

1 Like

If I were Josh Hawley, I would be thanking the stars that Mitt Romney is a man who takes his Mormonism seriously.

And I don’t think the GOP should count on Mitt’s vote for an acquittal. I am not calling him a brave or principled rebel. Just more the fact that he’s the kind of person who takes someone trying to kill him rather… personally. Whatever the Trump Team has left to offer would have to rather substantial and concrete to overcome that.

4 Likes

He’s up in the gallery, didja hear? Looking over docs there, said Lisa D.

1 Like

Thank you!

I think that’s some of it, but I think he was showing signs of being done with Trumpism even before that. He did vote for a conviction in the first trial. I wish more would look at the facts here and do the right thing, but few will.

That’s a man I really despise. [ENGLISH, I CAN WRIT IT]

6 Likes

Yes, but that first one was under safer circumstances. A “we can allow your dissent because it won’t matter.” This one… whooo boy.

Remember that pic from just after, when he looked like he was staring daggers into Hawley’s skull? Yeah, this is beyond mere principle. That’s the look of a man waiting for the kid to get one step out of line.

And when it comes to understanding the power of money in politics and using it to make things happen, never discount a devout and deeply connected member of the LDS. Romney’s commitment to his faith just means he isn’t going to deck the guy.

3 Likes

True, but it still could have upset voters in Utah, and he did it anyway.

Oh yeah, totally.

They have deep pockets. I assume you mean in terms of putting pressure on Hawley?

Right?

3 Likes

Or just generally fucking up his life. It’s amazing how many post-political employment opportunities fo Republicans are directly connected to the LDS church. Or funny how the main employers in Hawley’s district were all suddenly bought up and stripped for parts, and now he’s being primaried by a guy pointing his finger at Hawley as the cause. That a little company called Bain Capital bought them up is surely a coincidence, is it not? Why, that’s just how the free market works.

Everything before was just policy and principle. They just made the mistake of making the actually well-connected, successful businessman mad. And laughing because they think they’re untouchable.

He may not say the words (being a devout Mormon), but that look definitely sums up his feelings towards young Josh. It might as well be captioned: fuck around and find out. Romney didn’t get where he is by being nice.

4 Likes

He sure learned from some of his dad’s mistakes. And let’s face it, his looks help him a LOT (oh geez, Phil H. could do him perfectly as well!, I KNOW IT!).

I’m also now being exposed to a lot of the footage of the insurrection because I couldn’t take it while it was happening. I hope I don’t have nightmares. But I feel that I must be an informed citizen. To me, that’s a part of my responsibility to society, even though I didn’t have to take an oath.

I like how they keep hammering at the fact that the GOP could’ve done something and they didn’t. I don’t like that it has to be done in the first place.

5 Likes

Again, don’t get me wrong. I am not a fan of Mittens or think he’s a good person. And I could be wrong about which way he’s going to jump.

But I would not want to be on the receiving end of that look from a rich and powerful white man who knows that I just tried to have him killed, or behaved in a way where that was likely to end up with that.

Trump makes threats. Romney has the kind of money and power where he doesn’t need to.

5 Likes
10 Likes

—BEGIN Dad Joke—

Is he callin’ this a mockery?

—END Dad Joke—

5 Likes

Here’s the live stream of day 3…

2 Likes

Watching.

Keep hammering at the accountability of the GOP!

1 Like

Listening again after getting back from picking up the kiddo and talking my walk… Neguse is up…

2 Likes

Raskin’s talking about the US I learned about from home.

1 Like

Wrapped up for the day! I wonder how bad the defense is going to be… if their remarks on the constitutionality of the whole thing was any indication, not great… not like it will make much of a difference to at least some Republicans… But Heather Cox Richardson is not so sure that they’ll vote to acquit:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amanpour+and+co

Worth the 17 minutes or so…

2 Likes
1 Like