Injustice Systems

13 Likes

I can’t figure out why the right didn’t lionise Snowden. Manning I can understand, because libertarians are, generally, transphobic POS. But Snowden? That they didn’t embrace him is telling.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Here’s the body-cam view of something we saw from a neighbor’s POV before. Still crazy-making.

9 Likes

Citizenship shouldn’t matter, but as long as it does, it will be denied or stripped by power plays:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/05/24/my-wife-had-our-baby-abroad-us-says-he-isnt-american/

5 Likes
13 Likes
  1. So we all agree the second time he got pulled over it was targeted, right? The first time seems odd too – sounds like he was on a list already.

2. I hope MADD is happy. All these recent toughening of drinking and driving laws are due to their lobbying. They won’t be satisfied until Prohibition is reinstated, and just like the last time we had that, they aren’t thinking it through.

12 Likes

I’m amazed the movie was released in Russia at all.

7 Likes
10 Likes

I hate knowing about an incident. Knowing it was horrible. And then hear a piece like this that makes it even worse.

Could Lord Cthulhu wake up already.

5 Likes

Thread.

7 Likes

I saw this posted on Facebook today. It is batshit crazy. The cop saying he has a “blunt weapon of some sort”? It’s a frickin’ aluminum trash picker upper. It would not last in any fight. He is clearly picking up garbage. I just??? How stupid was this cop?

9 Likes

Yep, totally agree. The frequent urge of police to drive an encounter to either confrontation or submission is just … what’s the word … wrong. And harmful. It’s not just about the police, the rest of us are here too – remember us, the citizenry? – and this isn’t how any of us want to be treated.

And speaking of how none of us want to be treated:

9 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
14 Likes

Ironic article to publish when your staff are on strike.

This part got me:

It’s a worrying sign that for all its resources and reputation for democracy

Gently: we know Americans like to talk about democracy, and like to see themselves as democratic.

But telling the world you’re democratic is different from being it. I don’t think the world has really believed in American democracy since at least the Viet Nam war.

Hugs.

12 Likes

Speaking of, is there a mirror? I really don’t want to give Vox my clicks right now.

4 Likes

Here’s the direct link to the Data Portal:

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes