7 Likes
7 Likes

Animation warning.

1 Like

Christ what an asshole.

5 Likes

This is the thread I’m looking for.

6 Likes

In the case of a woman who shoplifted $17.19 of food from Walmart, he declared her a “danger to society,” something that should have been decided by a jury, the appellate court ruled.

…doesn’t even begin to cover it.

6 Likes

Mercy should not depend on employability, any more than bail on cash…

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, America! “Deployed the TASER” No, you didn’t “deploy” it, you fucking shot her with it. An 87 year old woman who can barely walk and doesn’t speak English. And I expect she’ll be deported after she gets out of jail, she’s a violent criminal, after all.

8 Likes

If that’s the effect of deploying a taser, what are the effects of issuing, carrying, holstering, unholstering, pointing, aiming, or firing the accursed thing? Maybe they shouldn’t be deployed.

2 Likes

So much police justification in that article.

But… but… but… he feared for his life!

Also, this goes without saying, don’t read the comments section.

4 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

The press release offers two justifications for Le being killed for possessing a pen in the presence of a police officer. First, the two officers believed the pen was a knife in the moment, so they were justified in shooting him. Second, the review board claims that even if the two officers knew Le was holding only a pen, they would still be justified in killing him.

Fearing some James Bond+Bruce Lee-level shit with a pen, what else is a poor sheriff to do?

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2018/08/22/31195860/king-county-deputies-were-justified-in-killing-unarmed-tommy-le

8 Likes

And here I thought the whole “mightier than a sword” thing was metaphor.

Turns out cops are certain it’s not.

8 Likes

Thread:

8 Likes
11 Likes

I feel so bad for any foreigners that have to come to the U.S. We should probably just announce that we’re quarantined because our government has an extreme case of … stupid.

10 Likes

Is tourism going to be affected I wonder?

4 Likes

That’s the reason.

If they were Wizards of the Area More Than 100 Miles Inland and More Than 100 Miles From Any International Border, they would be safe.

14 Likes

And maybe if they were Grand Wizards of the Coast they would have an easier time as well.

12 Likes