Injustice Systems

Imperial Wizards could have flown in on a grand dragon of some sort… but then they wouldn’t need to.

6 Likes

Glock<sword<pen right?

3 Likes
8 Likes

8-10 years ago I had clients in the US, and it got awkward a few times, but nothing like this.

Awkward as in: I explained to the agent I was there to train my clients in how to use the software we’d sold them, and she kept asking where the installation disks were. Remember this is around 2008-2009. Rather than say “it’s web-based”, I just told her it had already been installed. It just seemed simpler to say that, but in hindsight it probably saved me some hassle.

We had a couple of colleagues get held for extra questions, but everyone made it through.

10 Likes

If that really were the case, I’d probably have brought the installation media with me anyway, because I can easily see an installation being corrupted, and the clients having disposed of all of their installation disks.

I guess you’re lucky I wasn’t your customs agent. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

If you were her customs agent, you wouldn’t assume software had to be installed from a disk, in 2009.

Now I wonder if that customs agent would understand that those shiny CD things are the install disks, instead of a 3.5" hard disk.*

*yes, I’ve heard the 3.5" floppies referred to as “hard disks”, because they were hard and not floppy like a 5.25".

9 Likes

Old, old joke:

Have you heard about the latest virus? It turns your 5.25" hard drive into a 3.5" floppy.

7 Likes

The joke doesn’t matter, but the punchline is:

Linux can mount a 3.5" floppy

7 Likes

“Oh, I’m just the trainer. I’m not one of the technical people. They wouldn’t let me near an install.”

I don’t think it was that visit, but I have also said this. And since it was a Web application, it was totally true. Trainers don’t get write permissions in my world.

7 Likes

With the exception of what I have to do day-to-day, I’ve come to feel that if I don’t have permissions to do something, that’s a good thing. That’s one less thing that I’m responsible for, I can’t screw it up, and I won’t have to deal with when it gets screwed up.

I just got permissions to do a bunch of stuff that isn’t in my normal line of work, but of course the links are right next to the things that I need to do every day, so I’m being extra careful to not accidentally trigger any of that stuff. It’s good that I can now when I need to (which will happen on occasion), but it was so nice when I could just step back and say “We need _ or _ to do that”.

8 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

https://twitter.com/alyssakeiko/status/1043152661728710658

10 Likes

What do you bet they’re putting these in place for the future when they hope to incarcerate people just for being immigrants (real or imagined), POC, LGBT, non-xtian, etc.

8 Likes

Nah. Shit like this has long been the dream of LE. Especially interception of privileged communications. They rarely think of criminals as humans, so basic comfort things (like touching a letter from a loved one) are just fine to take away.

This is just bog-standard “prisoners don’t deserve rights or comfort, but we should squeeze them for every penny to ‘compensate’ for us providing basic room and board” garbage.

11 Likes
7 Likes

The combined camera views, along with tone of voice on the body cam recordings, really make it look like a joint was planted in this guy’s car.

He spent two weeks in jail.

8 Likes

Deputies find cotton candy on the floor of a woman’s car, field test says it’s meth. 3+ months in jail, then prosecutors drop charges. She’s now suing the police and the maker of the field test kit.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news/local/monroe-county-woman-sues-county-after-wrongful-imprisonment-from-false-drug-test-results/93-615434650

11 Likes

Surprisingly good news: a black man hit a white man, which caused him to die. He’s not being charged with anything.

(Self defense is the reason…upheld for a black man, for once.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/21/man-hurled-racist-slurs-punch-fedex-driver-then-died-after-he-was-punched-back/

15 Likes

IMO the attitude of casual appetite for violence recorded here on body cam should be disqualifying for police work. They’re so completely disconnected from the community.

Somebody pointed out that the video ends (is edited to end) when one officer nods toward the body cam.

7 Likes