IT related stuff

It is working. See above.

1 Like

Only for replies to a first level reply. Reply nesting is not functioning as it should.

1 Like

“Working” to a given value but the fact I am replying to you isn’t immediately obvious, unless I @ you in.

1 Like

I didn’t see the nesting case yet. Good to know.

1 Like

@tinoesroho jumped in there but my point still stands.

1 Like

Perhaps it would have been a clearer point if you had made that a nested reply.

1 Like

I am replying to you right now; unless no one else posts before I hit “reply”, no “replied to” icon will appear above this post. When you have 100+ people all replying to each other on a long thread, it’s nice to see who is replying to whom.

Right. But that behavior is standard for discourse, from what I’ve seen. The nested issue @tinoesroho described sounds different.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s a Discourse thing but it’s still kind of confusing.

ETA: I’m just griping now but it would be nice if every reply showed who was replying to whom.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I feel like it’s a recent change too. I thought it previously only didn’t show the reply target when you just replied to the thread itself.

7 Likes

Yeh, me too. This has only just started to confuse me now. Either I’m experiencing early onset just after my 34th birthday or this actually isn’t how it used to be.

ARE YOU MY GRANDSON??

4 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me. Discourse seems to roll out such changes without much fanfare.

3 Likes

Agreed. I have been confused by this a few times recently. It seems to be the default behavior, as I haven’t changed anything related to replies.

If anyone knows a setting or plugin to alter this behavior, I’m open to discussing it. It may be worth its own thread.

I still occasionally catch myself scrolling up to see a reply.

4 Likes

It appears to not show who you’re replying to when your post is below theirs.

1 Like

No, I don’t think your mind is going. And I hate it because I can’t tell if it’s a reply to the main post (where it wouldn’t show) or to the last commenter (where it used to).

5 Likes

can you add this to the backlog?

4 Likes
3 Likes

10 Likes

Yay. Looks good. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ll volunteer as well to hover and help when and where I can, although I’m sure the expertise level already offered is way, way above my capacity.

2 Likes