Jim Spanfeller, a massive herb, Triggers Mass Deadspin Exodus

Screenshot, in case they delete it:

Rule one: when your employees all quit, change the access passwords.

8 Likes
6 Likes

https://twitter.com/UnDeadspin

4 Likes

Update: they have ghosted RatWoman after she tried to find out more about why they were threatening to stop giving her work. (In case you missed my previous post, for years, she has written for Gawker, then Univision, now G/O Media on various topics and blogs in their stable. They notified her a couple of months ago that they would be cutting back her assignments, based on California’s AB #5, which limits how much work an independent contractor can do.)

She tried to find out why AB #5 would apply to her, given that we are based in Belgium, have dual citizenship, and she’s paid in Euros. Apparently that annoyed someone.

Every call to her theoretical supervisor, their manager, or anybody else, up to and including Spanfellerturd gets an infuriating canned email response on a different subject. (“Thank you for your email. We are not hiring at the moment…” “Thank you for your interest in G/O Media. Here’s a page that has our media kit on it.”)

So now she’s effectively unemployed and hugely bored. I’ve been bored for a while. Bored rats are dangerous, though I’m not sure who they’re dangerous to.

Time to work out another side hustle.

10 Likes

I didn’t know Jim Spanfeller was a massive Herb. I thought he was a complete Richard.

7 Likes

philosophy%20tube%20olly%20alternatively%20both%20still

6 Likes