Jukebox HMS Redux

7 Likes

That album got a lot of play when I moved into my first apartment. Just seeing the still image brought back a flood of memories.

Another song from that time.

Joe Jackson - Steppinā€™ Out

5 Likes

Hearing that song transports me back to the early 80s instantly. It was everywhere. I always remember it being used for bumper music at the time.

Iā€™ve only seen the video recently. It holds up well, I think, because it was shot on film instead of videotape.

Another song from a little later that was also constantly used as bumper music was:

6 Likes

Iā€™m getting all nostalgic. Yes, they did play the hell out of that song.

4 Likes

Dope

2 Likes

I feel like there should be a Hotel California towel available from somewhereā€¦

2 Likes

Did you know Michael Dunn had his big break in showbiz when he teamed up with Phoebe Dorin for a nightclub act? They were somcharming together that the producers of Wild Wild West made their music a part of Dr. Lovelaceā€™s diabolical plans.

1 Like

From when film composers knew their shitā€¦

From when film composers knew their shit, Part 2ā€¦

Check this out.

I wish there was a better copy of it on YT.

Itā€™s Devo before there was Devo.

And the songā€™s pretty good too.

3 Likes

Spot the Canadian?

1 Like

This song came to mind as I bid farewell to a good friend. Crappy video, but this is a jukebox, after allā€¦

1 Like

love love love this song and all of ELP. This album got me through some dark days.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a funny thing, none of the details in this song match my own life, but the song is definately about me.

1 Like

90s~! 90s everywhere~!

Itā€™s better than the songs that sampled it

I always do the next one at karaoke if they have it.

Stop sign shorts

These would probably fit in the earworm thread too.

3 Likes