Jukebox HMS Redux

Really recent at the time of posting, but this is a classic.

1 Like

Hello from Korea

1 Like

There is plenty of competition… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

• Neon colors
• Video toaster effects
• Memphis design styles w/ pastels on white
• Crappy greenscreen
• Jazzercise in leotards
• Aqua Net
• Egregious use of saxophone

I think this wins!

3 Likes

Awww, this is so sweet. I love it. They did manage to hit many of the trends ALL AT ONCE!

3 Likes

OK. Maybe that is just a little bit more 80s-ish.

2 Likes

It reminds me of some of the music on Adore… but better.

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Well, Video Toaster was released commercially about 6 years after the video, so it might be that the Toaster came about as a response to an aesthetic that was already running wild.

As for “egregious use of saxophone”, how is this possible? I think we need to assign @nungesser two hours a day of the music of Coltrane, Parker, Rollins, Shorter, Adderley, etc. as a corrective action. (On mature reflection, it could be two hours a day of Kenny G, so I suppose egregious use is possible, but I would never be that cruel.) :wink:

In this case, however, the saxophone has been made a plot point. The Takeaways are a fictional band in an Aussie show about the rise and fall of an aspiring band, one of whose members is the daughter of a Great Saxophonist. If all the boxes appear to have been checked, I don’t doubt that has been done quite deliberately, shrewdly even…

3 Likes

Well, yeah, true, I should’ve said “Video Toaster-esque effects”, the kind of matte effects that VT made really easy and over-used.

Don’t worry, I do love me some sax, and have the Coltrane box set to prove it! But 80s videos/music loved to just shove some saxophone in there whether it makes sense or not. And I didn’t realize this was a fake 80s video, to be honest – it was extremely well done.

3 Likes

Well, then, you can do the 2 hours a day with full assurance that you will enjoy it immensely. :wink:

1 Like

In honor of the Zoolander GIF binge so recently posted, I present this minor hit from an overlooked 80s band.

Give it a chance. It litterally puts the boom-boom into my heart.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

George Formby would be proud.

Which of these rocks harder?

Only you can decide.

5 Likes