Login issue

I just replaced my phone…and I can’t remember my login password here. Fortunately, my iPad is still logged in.

The problem: Hitting the “reset password” button on the login screen doesn’t appear to do anything.

Could one of the mods help recover or reset my password?

2 Likes

I ran into this with my provider. Eventually my email needed to be changed at the server end for the reset to be sent and set to something agreed upon, I then could log on and change my email and then password. Aol & Yahoo don’t always play nice with discourse.

2 Likes

Apologies for the late reply.

Am unable to locate a meqns to force a password reset in the admin CP.

2 Likes

Is it possible to just dig out the old password and PM it to me?

2 Likes

As far as I van tell, we stote a salted hash of the password, not the password itself.

2 Likes

I finally managed to login via Google. Still no idea what my Elsewhere password is, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Once logged in, were you able to go to your profile and do the “Send Password Reset Email” and take it from there?

If not, it may be possible for the site maintainer to force-reset it via https://meta.discourse.org/t/reset-user-password-by-admin/56987/7 but that shouldn’t really be needed and I’ve never done it so don’t know if it would actually work.

1 Like

I’ve been doing that on the iPad. No effect; the email never arrives.

1 Like

Hmm. I tried same and did receive the email right away. I’m assuming that you’ve checked your spam folder and double-checked that the address is right. I don’t really have any other ideas. :disappointed_relieved:

Have you been getting other emails from the site, like when someone responds to your posts?

1 Like

Yup and yup.

No, but I never have. I’ve got email notifications turned off.

1 Like