Love in the Time of COVID-19

Husbandibulum is in quarantine with symptoms while we wait for his test results.

The kids are killing me. I’m just going to take off work for the next two weeks.

15 Likes

Over the past week and a half, Bangladeshi investigators pieced together what happened: Mr. Shahed’s hospital in Dhaka, Bangladesh’s capital, had been selling fake coronavirus certificates — thousands of them, at $59 apiece — indicating that a patient had tested negative, the Bangladeshi authorities said.
There is a huge market for these certificates among migrant workers from Bangladesh hungry to get back to work in Europe, doing jobs like stocking grocery stores, bussing tables in restaurants or selling bottled water on the streets. Many Bangladeshi workers have recently flown to Italy, where they said that employers required such certificates before allowing them to go back to work.

I don’t think we have coronavirus certificates, much less fraudulent ones.

4 Likes
5 Likes
  1. Elect a really smart women to lead your country.
5 Likes

Non-corrupt, as well.

3 Likes

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article244251877.html

Gov. Laura Kelly plans to order that Kansas schools stay closed until after Labor Day, a decision driven by skyrocketing coronavirus case numbers that will require approval from top education leaders.

“I cannot in good conscience open schools when Kansas has numerous hot spots and cases are at an all-time high and continuing to rapidly rise,” Kelly said at a Wednesday news conference. “Putting nearly half a million kids in daily large gatherings is the exact opposite of what health experts have urged us to do.”

“We have already seen what happens when guidelines are voluntary,” Kelly said. “That means masks, social distancing, proper hygiene and daily temperature checks will enforced, regardless of what county the schools are in.”

In the spring, as the coronavirus spread across the state, Kelly banned mass gatherings and issued stay-at-home orders. Amid a growing backlash from Republican lawmakers, Kelly in late May dropped all remaining mandatory statewide rules. She then issued a statewide mask order ahead of Independence Day. Most counties quickly opted out, but a few in recent days have reconsidered as cases climb.

8 Likes

Like That Woman from Michigan, the Woman from Kansas has got ovaries, all right!
(I cannot, in good conscience, say she has balls. Besides, we all start out with ovaries anyhow.)

2 Likes

Finally, seeing a legitimate reason for a cop shooting somebody. That’s sad.

5 Likes

So, I work from home, I have it on easy mode. I’ve been out in public only twice since mid-March. But mentally my brain is screaming this is emergency time, and it’s been like that for awhile. My family have to go out now and then, but do curbside delivery or pickup whenever possible. We have had people over, but they sit at least 6 feet away outside.

Seeing how other people are acting, particularly our leadership and those that follow them, just … I can’t even.

When my family wanted weapons for safety, I drew the line at stick weapons, we now have two bats, a jo stick, and a pair of sai, in addition to the maglites etc. Wherever you are, there’s something within reach. But I’m starting to think maybe we should add in a few shotguns. It just gets worse and worse every day. :dizzy_face:

Is there a place for peaceful people, when so many are trying so hard to kill as many as they can?

6 Likes

What’s happening?

4 Likes

Ah, that seems to have been depression speaking. Fear for the future after months of semi-isolation with little for outside perspective but the news. I should probably just block the news out, replace it with sitcoms or something.

ETA: I’ve put in for a vacation next month. Had planned to do that in June, and probably should have, but I’d canceled that due to current events. But I clearly need to just take some time out to sit in nature and read books, or something like that.

8 Likes

Don’t avoid news. But maybe refine the sources?

4 Likes

And limit the time of exposure. It’s like sunbathing. Got any mindscreen?

5 Likes

Wish I did. Alas I don’t have the self-control to not look at what’s happening.

6 Likes

produced a chilling effect among the government scientists and public health professionals battling the coronavirus crisis.

You don’t say?!!

6 Likes

This image shows the president meeting the US ambassador Todd Chapman the day before he said he started to feel symptoms. The pair were seen shaking hands, and Mr Chapman later went into quarantine.

2 Likes

And here in Victoria, Australia, as suspected, it’ll be compulsory to wear a mask in public from midnight Wednesday/Thursday.

4 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes