Love in the Time of COVID-19

I hope they avoided it!

3 Likes

The kids are good about their masks, so Iā€™d be surprised if they had it. But weā€™re kidding ourselves if we think open childcares donā€™t mean parents dropping off sick kids.

9 Likes

Yep. Weā€™re in week two of lockdown 2.0 (Melbourne). Itā€™s not so bad, personally, but for feeling more isolated and more fed up with the people who are pissed off at the second lockdown and extra vocal about it. Also, fake signs have gone up in the municipality (kinda equivalent to county) next to mine claiming to be from the local council and that playgrounds are open. Fucking idiots and absolute bastards for aiming at children.

Meanwhile, weā€™re headed for compulsory masks so I finally ordered some yesterday, from an Australian company. No word on expected arrival though.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. I know you were hoping for some work time and thatā€™s harder with the kids home.

And now we have a government seeking to force all public schools to open in Augustā€¦ weā€™re all so fucked.

9 Likes

Daycares are easy, right? The kids arenā€™t good vectors. They stay in one room, other than going outside for recess, and many of the rooms open straight outside. And yet, theyā€™ve been closed 4/8 reopened weeks.

Weā€™re in trouble.

8 Likes

On top of that incredibly horrible analogy, he is also clearly counting on absolutely no one in his audience having any idea of what actually happened during the 1918 flu.

8 Likes

Not directly related to covid, butā€¦

ā€¦oh, 2020, is there anything this year wonā€™t do to make things worse?

5 Likes

Thereā€™s been a plague focus in the American west since about 1900. It reached California in 1899, and Colorado by the 1970s. See Ole Benedictow, The Black Death, pages 45 to 47.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Gee, this move doesnā€™t at all make me worry about the trustworthiness and transparency of this reporting.

10 Likes

Someone is gonna defy thisā€¦I hope.

5 Likes

I am so sick of this countryā€¦this worldā€¦hunamkindā€¦

Are folks gonna go after her for doing this, what with all the problems with cops? I hope not. I really do.

4 Likes

11 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes

Oh, he can eat his own freeze-dried ass! No one else would, thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Seriously, now, this is just getting ridiculous.

12 Likes

And dangerous, and probably fatal.

4 Likes

My SO interacts with more people that I do, even before, Iā€™m just a hermit by nature.

He knows this entire extended family, from the late grandfather and grandmother to all the cousins. One of these people went on a trip to another state and that included visiting his step-son and family. On the drive back, that other stateā€™s health department called to say that the daughter-in-law and infant grandchild were in the hospital with COVID. He was instructed to isolate and get a test.

That asshole refused. Not just the test, but he refused to isolate, and wonā€™t wear a mask, even though family members were IN the hospital. He thinks itā€™s a hoax, and I donā€™t get how.

He went to my SOā€™s business and wouldnā€™t keep a safe distance. Well, he got cussed out and kicked out of the business. He literally said ā€œyouā€™re just trying to make the president look badā€ which makes zero sense. The president doesnā€™t give a fuck what some guy in some small town does.

Would it shock you to learn that this person is a retired cop? LOL

Itā€™s disheartening, but we did hear that the hospitalized people have been released and are OK.

But that guy is going to get people killed when it does burn through our area. It hasnā€™t yet, but I feel like Iā€™m (a little bit) bracing for impact.

12 Likes

Here in Warren, MI, Iā€™ve been bracing since March.

3 Likes