Love in the Time of COVID-19

How the fuck are these people getting through pharma school?

Seriously, that shit ain’t easy.

Then again, Dr Oz made it through med school and was a highly lauded cardiosurgeon, and same with Ben Carson in neurosurgery so… :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

The way it was described to me, and how I tend to think of it as a result, is that for any job that relies on a highly sought-after degree or professional certification, getting that proof only requires one to complete the work. It does not require them to excel at it. The individual who meets the bare minimum requirements gets the same certification as the one who crushes it.

ETA: It’s worth acknowledging that this is no different than any other degree or certification. The difference, I would posit, is that professions like doctors and lawyers are held to a higher standard by society as a result of their more direct impact on peoples lives and well-being.

Also, it is my fairly abstract understanding that a pharmacist’s job is a stressful one, and stress can lead some people down a dark path.

Partial Disclosure: I went to a for-profit college that was primarily known at the time for having cheesy commercials that aired during late-night television. I did not become a doctor, lawyer, or pharmacist.

9 Likes

DeVry? :smiley:

2 Likes

As do I, and any rational human being.

7 Likes

Motherfuck…

7 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

This picture says so much:

5 Likes
2 Likes

I normally would have nothing good to say about Chick-fil-A, but I’ve got to give them credit for this:

6 Likes

I made that joke when there were the long lines for covid testing.

The owner may take some offensive stands, but they can move people through a drive-through.

4 Likes

2 Likes

How to make a no-sew face mask out of a clean sock.

2 Likes

Naturally

the sky was not really the sky but a “shield put up by the government to prevent individuals from seeing God,” court records show.

6 Likes

What an ASSHOLE.

4 Likes

How does this guy even get his hair combed?

4 Likes

He doesn’t have much to comb.

I don’t even get how folks like him manage to even LIVE to the ages they do, y’know?

5 Likes
3 Likes

One of those Republican Senators was mine – Todd Young – and he’s already sent his newsletter to his constituents about it. He gives no details, but after a few sentences proceeds on to 11 paragraphs about anti-choice legislation he’s very proud of sponsoring.

Meanwhile, in my old state I had Duckworth and Durbin.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s easy… you see, there’s a government conspiracy to keep them alive…

4 Likes

Stupidity is bad for hair roots.

3 Likes