Love in the Time of COVID-19

I have one that’s a different shape, that isn’t very useful. I might give one of those a try, they are pretty!

3 Likes

My wife’s has a cat pattern (naturally!).

I guess a lot depends on whether the design matches where the pain is.

3 Likes

Just made my #2 vaccine appointment, for a week tomorrow. Yay.

5 Likes

Michigan’s opened up vaccinations for 16-and-up, but I haven’t been able to get an appointment yet. I’d hoped to get in to my local Rite Aid, but since they’re booked up, I signed up for the list at Ford Field. No answer yet.

5 Likes

Another casualty of COVID-19.

The Gem Spa of Moscow.

4 Likes

ominous signs.

5 Likes

Well fuck.

4 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I have a vaccine appointment for April 28, at my local Rite Aid. It’ll be Moderna. I’m so glad to have a date… but I wish I could get it over with sooner.

6 Likes

That’s great. Hope it goes well!
My second is today. Like in an hour. (More or less.)

5 Likes

Of course, now that I have my appointment, I find this:

If anyone in Michigan’s still looking, this might help!

6 Likes

You can take any earlier appointment and then contact the April 28th location and cancel that appointment. Really!

6 Likes

I know… but I hesitate to do it. My appointment’s in my neighborhood, so it will be very convenient. Plus I haven’t been sleeping or eating that well lately, so I’ll have time to get myself in better shape before the shot.

I’ll still keep my eyes open, and if I get a better opportunity I’ll take it. But it’s a relief just having an appointment. I’d been searching every day since Michigan changed eligibility, but bookings go fast.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Hahahahahaha. cough Ahem. Yeah, that’ll work. We can’t even get science and cooperation among people in the US. “Cooperation? That’s cominism!”

3 Likes

I think I’ve heard the first bit of news already; it’s the second one that interests me. The asthma drug that seems to help is an inhaled steroid called budesonide. It’s more locally acting than some steroids, and it’s what I use for Crohn’s disease. It has fewer side effects.

5 Likes

It’s a very good and wide-ranging interview with Peter Hotez. The headline doesn’t quite do it justice.

Your sceptical take on the headline is justified. He wants to eradicate diseases that affect the global poor through vaccinations. Tucker Carlson hates him.

4 Likes

So dogs and other animals must love Mr. Hotez, then? Anyone who is hated by Tucker Carlson can’t be ALL bad, eh?

1 Like