Love in the Time of COVID-19

“I’ll tell you what, let’s ask the company’s insurance carrier what they’ll charge for a policy against that, vs what they’ll charge for a policy against getting covid.”

6 Likes

Would it surprise you to hear that this is a person who doesn’t pay for medical insurance?

3 Likes

You are not alone. It either: 1) Causes me to rationalize my way right out of performing the task/s I wish to avoid; or, 2) Causes me to procrastinate until the absolute last second and then I may or mayn’t freak out over not having enough preparation and/or time to perform the task/s I wished to avoid.

3 Likes

the way it’s spreading in that part of the state, i’d seriously consider all options for getting out of it.

7 Likes

We have a zoom meeting on Monday, I’m going to bring this up. Not this story particularly, just how bad it is in Branson.

5 Likes

Osage Beach isn’t that near Branson, but I still fundamentally agree, neither are places I’d want to be going right now.

Er, on reading the article, it says that. :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t really want to be going anywhere right now, like anywhere, I’m just glad I was able to squeeze in a trip to see my mom before delta got too bad. I felt like I was driving into a virus storm, as I drove home….

5 Likes

“I was strongly against getting the vaccine,” Barker said through labored breathing. “Just because we’re a strong conservative family.”

Reasoning powers are weak in this one.

7 Likes

Can you at least get your own room, rather than have to share with a co-worker?

5 Likes
1 Like

Is Jim Stafford still there?

1 Like

Nope, I already asked.

5 Likes

Apparently. Also, he’s only 77? I thought he was older

Edit, lol ok, I’m slow on the uptake.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be amazing? Sure it’s not exactly as good of a mutation as breathing underwater or enhanced healing or telekinesis, but it’s not shooting laser beams from your eyes every time you open them or stealing the memories, powers, and life force of every one you ever touch. What an odd choice.

It’s interesting to me that they’re inviting you to a company event like that as a contractor. My experience is that most companies exclude contractors from things like that due to potential legal issues from treating them too much like employees without providing benefits, etc.

My employer is still planning for newer hires (which includes me) to come back to the office at the end of August, with the rest returning at the beginning of September. They’ve just reinstated their building mask mandate, which is good, but I’m going to try and talk my manager into letting me continue to work remotely at least until vaccines are available for my daughter’s age group so that she can be better protected. At this point, the team I’m working with only has one other person in the office anyway, so there really wouldn’t be much advantage. I’m hoping it won’t be difficult to convince them.

8 Likes

The side effect of being magnetic was the one I wanted. I’d learn to control it, trust me.

5 Likes
8 Likes

I second-hand know a guy who got his shot, but wanted it kept secret from his elderly parents, because they are hardcore trump assholes. Two people that he worked with died of it, so he knows it’s real no matter what his parents say, but he lives with them, so he wants to keep the peace.

7 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder if mRNA vaccinated folks should get the J&J one.

I wish there were an easy way to track one’s antibodies. Anyone who comes up with a glucose-meter-for-diabetics-type antibody tester will make billions.

3 Likes

The US population on July 30 2021 was 332,571,938

So now more than 1% of the US population has or has had COVID:

2 Likes