Love in the Time of COVID-19

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

This is why we don’t really care for Americans* :roll_eyes:

• various disclaimers apply of course
5 Likes

Fingers crossed, we might’ve dodged a bullet. I’m still planning on avoiding Launceston for a few weeks, though.

In other news:

4 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

On one hand, I’m glad that the gorillas seem to be getting the best care available, and that they’re scheduled to receive vaccinations, but I’m also infuriated that this happened at all, and that this is the world we are living in. :frowning:

9 Likes

That is just wonderful. I’m sharing!

It’s weird enough that republicans are asking homeless people for medical advice, and the advice being spot-on really tops it off.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I wish I could pull a Josephine Baker and adopt as many kids as I could care for.

4 Likes

Jeffrey Burnham told his mother he had to confront his older brother, Brian Robinette, because he was poisoning people by administering the COVID-19 vaccine, telling his mother, “Brian knows something,” according to the new charging documents filed against Burnham.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Generally speaking, I’m less bothered by the small minority of antivax fools than I am by the malicious bastards pushing the “as soon as people get vaccinated, we can go back to acting as if Covid doesn’t exist” line.

Fortunately, the Tas government has so far been fairly resistant to that garbage.

10 Likes

Animation warning.

5 Likes

BTW:

It may even turn out to be a positive, in the end. Now nobody else in Launceston wants to be the fuckwit who breaks quarantine and ruins things for everyone.

8 Likes

Full statement here:

Status of Tas medical system:

Both of those statements are partisan political press releases; sceptical reading required, especially for the second.

Tasmania only has three proper hospitals (Hobart, Launceston, Burnie), and all of them are small, underfunded and mismanaged. Plus we have the oldest/sickest/poorest/least-educated population of any Australian state.

5 Likes

He seems to reissue this executive order every couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Hobart, OTOH…

6 Likes

A Wisconsin brewery that says it’s fed up with “anti-science,” “Tucker Carlson-watching zombies” is funding a series of lawsuits against school boards that do not follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines on COVID-19. So far, the Minocqua Brewing Company’s Super PAC has helped parents sue two school districts and says it plans on “suing every school board in Wisconsin that doesn’t follow CDC guidelines to protect the spread of COVID in schools.”

In a Facebook post Sunday, brewery owner and Super PAC founder Kirk Bangstad answered a question that he said he was asked in “every interview” he did with news outlets last week: “Why is a brewery funding this lawsuit?”

“Our Super PAC should NOT be funding these lawsuits,” Bangstad wrote. “We always thought that our government, the teacher’s union, the ACLU, the hospitals, the nurse’s unions, or any other number of progressive groups or ‘academies of smart people who understand stuff’ should be stepping up to block the alt-right, anti-science, and anti-history nonsense that has overcome school boards across our state. Wisconsin communities have exploded with the Delta variant because many school districts have dropped all forms of COVID mitigation that were in place last year due to the shrieking hordes of Tucker Carlson-watching zombies separated from their cerebrums and driven only by their lizard brains.”

Little weird, but makes sense for a brewery to support science in microbiology…

11 Likes