Love in the Time of COVID-19

The Hague should get involved. And add cheeto to the list.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Eek.

4 Likes
4 Likes

One case in Queensland, zero in Tas, SA, WA, NT. Victoria, NSW and ACT still fucked.

My friend Lisa is a primary schoolteacher in Sydney. She has to go back to face-to-face teaching this week.

3 Likes

Typhoid Malcolm is currently in court, facing assorted charges over his quarantine escapade…and for breaching a domestic violence order.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Non-NSW/VIC/ACT Oz is once again without any new Covid infections.

The plague states are, for now, continuing much as before; we’re yet to see what effect their recent “fuck it, she’ll be right” reopenings are going to have on the Covid rates.

Locally:

4 Likes
4 Likes

I was prescribed antidepressants for a condition that was not depression. It was not a good experience. It seems like the symptoms of COVID-19 are objectively worse than the side effects of this drug, and anything to improve those outcomes is a net positive.

6 Likes

Where’s the gif of Bugs Bunny sawing Ron DeSantis off of Florida?

6 Likes

I take escitalopram 20 mg every morning/early afternoon.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m on paroxetine, but I looked into Wikipedia and it may not use the same mechanism as fluvoxamine. I’m guessing they’ll have to try the different drugs separately.

2 Likes

“They found cases of Covid-19 resulting in intubation or death could be reduced by as much as 72 percent. The antidepressants that were the most promising? They’re household names among those who struggle with treatment-resistant depression: venlafaxine, mirtazapine, escitalopram, paroxetine, and fluoxetine.” from the article I posted.

5 Likes

30mg Mirtazapine every night for me. This is wonderful news!

2 Likes

I skimmed the article but missed that paragraph. :roll_eyes: Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

But I have it in good authority that when they shoot you up with thorazine on crystal smoke you choke like a son of a gun.

2 Likes

It’s near where my Dad grew up. It’s so backward there.

3 Likes
5 Likes