Love in the Time of COVID-19

5 Likes

And againā€¦

Iā€™m becoming sympathetic to the idea of reopening Sarah Island.

5 Likes

Oh, just what we need, homeopaths going after the covid snake-oil money.

3 Likes

I mean, dilution has its place, but sometimes you need less dilution to get more effect.

3 Likes

Still completely infection-free for the last few weeks in non-plague Oz. The plague states appear to be mostly holding steady.

The local business lobby are heavily pressuring the state government to further reduce the infection safeguards proposed for after reopening, of course.

5 Likes

You might have to sign up or view in an incognito window to read these.

2 Likes
2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

While I am, for obvious reasons, very glad that Tasmania has successfully excluded Covid, itā€™s a little bit personally irritating that the situation down here is such that mask use is still not normalised.

I already tend to use sunglasses and earbuds to minimise exposure & overstimulation when Iā€™m out in public; personally, a mask would be a welcome and comforting addition.

But if I were to wear one into Beaconsfield at the moment, it would be seen as highly eccentric, and itā€™s a small enough town that people remember that kind of thing. And I draw enough attention already thanks to Touretteā€™s etc.; Iā€™d rather keep a low profile.

11 Likes

For real, does he think none of us can remember that far back, or what?

10 Likes

Seems like he himself, or some underling, had to look it up in the 1st place.

3 Likes

Likely written by an intern that has no concept of anything that happened before 2005.

4 Likes

he was born in 1948. he was around during the AIDS crisis, and has got to remember what it was like. he fully knows what heā€™s saying is complete bullshit, and it enrages me. how DARE he.

7 Likes

Remember how long it took Ronnie to even acknowledge it while it was happening?

2 Likes

well, of course! i rage at his ghost to this day. heā€™s responsible forā€¦ almost every ill in the country today, in my opinion. almost everything we have a problem with can be traced back to him. and THEN thereā€™s his homophobia and AIDS response on top of it. if thereā€™s a hell, iā€™m hoping heā€™s burning in the deepest, hottest part of it.

6 Likes

Read Kitty Kelleyā€™s bio of Nancy. If it werenā€™t for her heā€™d never been POTUS. I kid yout not.

2 Likes

Overtaking a substantial head start.

Nowhere near world lead, though.

(inconsistency due to different times/datasets)

5 Likes

oh, i donā€™t even need to read that to believe it. she was definitely the power behind that throne.

4 Likes
2 Likes

But how she got him thereā€¦and how she got there herself is very interesting. Sometimes I think those sorts of folks should be pitied as well as maligned.

1 Like