Love in the Time of COVID-19

Before the pandemic, Pedersen claimed—to little notice, apparently—that his products could treat various ailments, including arthritis, diabetes, influenza, and pneumonia. But, when the pandemic struck, he claimed they could also treat and prevent COVID-19. In online videos and promotions, Pedersen claimed that having silver in your bloodstream could “usher” the virus out of your body and that silver nanoparticles could block the virus from entering your cells.

Specifically, he claimed that his “structural alkaline silver” product “resonates, or vibrates, at a frequency that destroys the membrane of the virus, making the virus incapable of attach to any healthy cell, or to infect you in any way.”

According to prosecutors, he made these claims while falsely posing as a medical doctor and expert, though he does not have a medical degree or license. He falsely claimed to have PhDs in immunology, biology, and naturopathic medicine, a master’s degree in “cardiac rehabilitation and wellness,” and claimed he was board-certified in anti-aging and regenerative medicine. In online videos, he has appeared in a white coat monogrammed with “Dr. Gordon Pedersen” and with a stethoscope around his neck.

I wonder if silver in your bloodstream would keep away vampire werewolves…

4 Likes

Moderna’s updated COVID-19 vaccine provided a “significant boost” in people’s neutralizing antibody levels against the latest omicron SARS-CoV-2 subvariants circulating in the US, that is, EG.5 and FL.1.5.1, according to a press release from the company.

But also:

The CEOs of more than 300 publicly traded health care companies collectively raked in $4 billion last year as Americans struggled under high inflation, according to an analysis by Stat News.

Topping the income chart is the CEO of Moderna, the company that developed one of the leading COVID-19 vaccines in the world—with significant support from US taxpayers and federal scientists.

Bancel’s haul was largely from pre-planned stock sales, and he has said that he will donate much of it to charity. Still, the pandemic made Bancel a billionaire; his net worth is estimated to be over $4 billion, and Moderna made roughly $36 billion in worldwide sales from the vaccine, its only product.

Rich people giving to charity is such a scam…

Overall, as many Americans struggled to make ends meet amid high inflation, health care CEOs made an average of $13 million, with a median of around $4.3 million. The majority of CEOs made at least 64 times more than the average employee. The median CEO bonus was around $700,000, nearly 10 times the median US household income.

5 Likes

I hate how terrible the pharma companies are, to the point that vaccine skepticism becomes a widely misapplied “fuck you” that kills hundreds of millions of people worldwide. We need to redefine the exclusivity of patents.

5 Likes

Not specifically about Covid, but…

Talking about RFK Jr’s talking point of saying he wants all vaccines to be compared specifically against a saline solution placebo, rather than anything else. And how utterly unethical that would actually be in practice.

5 Likes

I forget – where is his PhD in pharmacology, bioethics, epidemiology and statistics from again?

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Mercola had tried to argue that YouTube owed him more than $75,000 in damages for breaching its own user contract and denying him access to his videos. However, in an order dismissing Mercola’s complaint, US magistrate judge Laurel Beeler wrote that according to the contract Mercola signed, YouTube was “under no obligation to host” Mercola’s content after terminating his channel in 2021 “for violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines by posting medical misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines.”

“The court found no breach because ‘there is no provision in the Terms of Service that requires YouTube to maintain particular content’ or be a ‘storage site for users’ content,’” Beeler wrote.

4 Likes

I wish Teddy, Jr. would run. But he’s got more sense than that.

In case this is useful:

Text, as I’m not sure if my pic has loaded:

PSA: the CDC has a program that pays for your COVID vaccine if your insurer won’t. The guy at CVS told me that my insurer had not added the new vaccine to its formulary yet, so I’d need to pay $190. I told him about this program, showed him the website, and paid nothing. :hugs:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

The program is also supposed to help uninsured people, as well as those whose insurance doesn’t cover the shot.

9 Likes

Thanks, I had no idea. I’ve passed along the info to an uninsured friend.

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Everyone in the U.S. ready for the mind control and/or superpowers to kick in?

5 Likes

I got nuthin’ but a tiny little jump scare ¯\(ツ)

3 Likes

Well, at least it won’t go into their brains because you have to have brains for them to go into.

3 Likes

Can’t be any worse.

1 Like

As I currently have COVID, I kinda feel a little like a zombie. Does that count?

7 Likes

Here’s hoping yours is a relatively mild case that doesn’t last very long.

3 Likes

I tested positive on Tuesday, and had sinus drainage and body aches that day. I was exposed on Sunday. Today I tested negative and I feel about 90%. The benefits of being vaccinated and fully boosted. Amazingly, I live with and am a caregiver for an elderly disabled woman and she did not get it. She’s also fully vaxxed, and I masked around her this week. Vaccines and masks actually work.

8 Likes

I dunno, do you feel a strange pull to congregate near 5g towers and stick spoons to your skin?

…glad to hear you’re on the mend!

4 Likes