Love in the Time of COVID-19

People might get the crazy idea we are bunch of racists instead of freedom lovers

11 Likes

I love that middle paragraph.

“Let’s try to look good in the eyes of people I can’t stand.”

8 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

And that was his VERY first post!

I thought it was about states’ rights…TO BLOODY HAVE SLAVERY! sheesh.

4 Likes
9 Likes

That’s the silent part that they usually don’t say outloud.

4 Likes

That’s disappointing.

3 Likes

So did the impeachment…can we enter a civil suit against the current POTUS?

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’d prefer getting a pest control company to rid the WH of vermin.

3 Likes

So even though Michigan residents are required to wear masks when they go into retail stores, I saw plenty of folks not wearing them at my local Meijer today; even my cashier had hers down under her chin. It’s very discouraging. So is watching people shop by touching and dawdling over multiple items.

3 Likes

She turned 80 last month.
7 Likes

Yesterday was the first day when I was out that masks were the majority.

Granted Illinois won’t require masks until May 1 (I think)

But prior to yesterday I was the outlier

6 Likes

Not where I live. Mostly homemade, but people are taking it seriously. If you look at the maps, the south side is heavy hit. We’re not taking chances.

The Jewel-Osco in rural Indiana where I was last night, on the other hand…

But I give the cashier full credit: when she saw I was wearing a mask properly, she pulled hers up from her chin. And everyone stocking the aisles was wearing a mask, so they are being trained.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Completely the opposite here (near Bruges, Belgium.) Everyone has masks, and if you’re not wearing one you’ll get nagged incessantly. If you try to leave town without one, the town constable will hassle you. We’re beating this thing here, and no one wants a repeat of the last seven weeks.

10 Likes

As an aside, John Oliver said some nasty things about Belgium, and I was offended. But he’s British, sooo…

When I landed in Antwerp in June 1983, it looked nice to ME (this is when I went to the Netherlands; I flew the Belgian airline whose name I can’t remember cos it was cheaper, and was picked up there and driven to Hilversum by my back-then pen-pal/boyfriend.)

4 Likes

I couldn’t decide whether to post this here or on the OS-CPresident thread. shrug.

Sen. Schiff likes that Colonial deco, doesn’t he? Or someone does, lol.
2 Likes

I didn’t see it; what did he say? Europeans vs. the Brits is pretty complicated at the moment. Brexit and all, and the EU central government is based here in Brussels, as are many of the multinational corps… so yeah, it’s complicated.

As a place to live, it’s not perfect, but we like it a lot. We were considering our next move to Galway (Ireland.) We really want to do that but it may not happen at this point for various reasons. My sister has retired to Avignon, France, and we’re considering that as a possible next option.

3 Likes