Love in the Time of COVID-19

5 Likes

8 Likes

This bring up a point. What do I do about my hair? Do I just let it grow and hen have one grand haircut when the quarantining is over? Or do I just cut it off Kojak-style?

Itā€™s getting a little long. Here is a picture I took of myself just this morning:

8 Likes

How long have you been in quarantine anyway?

3 Likes

Dude, your pupilsā€¦

5 Likes

I think Friday was my breaking point.

Clippers #6 guard, stand in the tub and just keep running the clippers over my head until the big pieces stopped falling. I toyed with doing a mohawk, but knew I couldnā€™t keep it straight.

Then a little close up work at the vanity mirror and Iā€™m reasonably happy.

4 Likes

Did anybody ever tell you you look a lot like Jim Morrison? :grinning:

7 Likes

Caputo, a prolific user who often tweeted insults and profanity, recently erased nearly his entire Twitter history from before April 12.

8 Likes

A conservative I know sent a long email about how all the various diseases and viruses and whatnot have been named after places they supposedly originated or were found, respectively; i.e., Spanish flu, Ebola virus, so why not with SARS-CoV-2. I replied that in todayā€™s political climate, doing so is being used deliberately in a racist fashion, and that some racist asshat will assault an Asian person strictly regardless of their background or place of birth. Think Sikhs after 9/11. I got no reply.

5 Likes

A while. I started with a crewcut.

I guess I might try that. I would need to get clippers. The Kojak look is something I could achieve with materials at hand

Who?

My pupils will have to learn remotely like everyone else.

4 Likes

Also, ā€œSpanish fluā€ was named that because Spain was the first country to admit it actually existed while everyone else was censoring news about it.

9 Likes

And Spain thought it had come from France, and were calling it the ā€œFrench Fluā€. Meanwhile, the earliest known case was in Kansasā€¦

Itā€™s a hell of a lot safer, and more accurate, to use a name that specifies the virus, and not try to throw in additional information that may or may not be true.

8 Likes
2 Likes

No, he was with the Doors.

If theyā€™re as dilated as the ones in the photo, that wonā€™t be a problem, will it?

Iā€™m considering shaving my head to see how much grey and/or white hair Iā€™ll have when it grows back.

9 Likes

Funny!

3 Likes

Didnā€™t he play third base?

4 Likes

Regardless of any orders, Iā€™m not asking my lab personnel to return this summer, and I wonā€™t be going to any professional functions. So I expanded my undercut into a shaved side. Canā€™t see it under my bob unless I specifically show it off. Weā€™re doing a strand test on my daughter for some pink hair dye she has. I think Iā€™m going to dye the shaved parts of my hair pink, too.

8 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

States rights to defend slavery, control the federal government, conquer new territory for new slave states, overrule other statesā€™ personal liberty laws, shut down the underground railroad, abduct black people from northern cities, and shut down the abolitionist press.

9 Likes