Love in the Time of COVID-19

I found out about this on Facebook…from Giant Carboard Robots, the creator of which used to live in PA but moved out of the country because of this crap.

So, what date shall we pick to mark the first day of Year One of the First Dystopian Age?

5 Likes

No, not always. Sometimes it’s a crusade.

6 Likes

I think we should definitely correct this. Let’s have a war on war.

<entire U.S. disappears down an infinite regression>

5 Likes

we already tried that.

6 Likes

Oh geez, I’m finishing off “The Proud Tower”, which covers 1890 to 1914, then going on to “The Guns of August” (guess what it’s about?)!

2 Likes

3 Likes

You forgot “exploratory mission” and my personal favorite, “police action”. I’m not a fan of everything Harry S Truman did.

5 Likes

blow up the moon

6 Likes
3 Likes

Oh, nonono! These wars can’t possibly be to end things! Surely the “war on drugs”, “war on crime”, “war on terrorism”, etc, can’t be compared to a war to end war.

Otherwise, you’re implying that whomever gets the “czar” title is going to be out of a job in the forseeable future!

4 Likes

It’s kind of troubling that Carter used the phrase “moral equivalent of war” to describe his energy policy. There is little in war, especially thermonuclear war, that can be considered moral.

3 Likes

Reminder… this is the GOP, murderous fucks:

they want anyone not in agreement with them to die.

6 Likes

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-05-29/monkeys-steal-coronavirus-blood-samples-in-india?fbclid=IwAR20VPBkWeW8xOgVsUSUjeA5iQW6gnIocwCU-RIXwd9Vkl4PmMMQzLzNnx8

not the onion…this is the first day of the New Dystopian Age, Year One. Make a new calendar.

3 Likes
5 Likes

When Reagan took the oath of office. Things have gone downhill ever since. Of course it looks like a gentle hill compared to the cliff of Trump’s reign.

5 Likes

Fortunately as an acronym it died a deserved death.

3 Likes

No, things were still fairly “normal” then. The monkeys taking the blood vials - that’s the date for me.

2 Likes

Does this mean we eventually end up with time-travelling Bruce Willis?

12 monkeys

Ok, it doesn’t quite fit with the plot, but…

6 Likes

If only we had listened. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Have no idea what you’re referencing.