Love in the Time of COVID-19

Probably related to the issue a lot of libertarians and conservatives seem to have: a failure to recognize the places their lives overlap with others, and how trying to keep those interactions free of rules can rapidly make things fall apart.

6 Likes

Five acres seems like a big lot to me. By Acreage I mean agribusiness, timber, oil, and the relentless exploitation that comes with it.

1 Like

Idk, to me the small-town judginess is quite a bit more visible and inescapable than the anonymous judgment in a city. Not sure if that’s what you meant by your next paragraph.

4 Likes

The USDA defines a small farm as less than 180 acres, or one that earns less than 50K gross income per year.

http://www.ncagr.gov/SmallFarms/FAQs.htm

1 Like

180 sounds right for the demarcation.

Noting that children are less likely to contract the coronavirus, he said, “If they do get COVID-19, which they will — and they will when they go to school — they’re not going to the hospitals. They’re not going to have to sit in doctors’ offices. They’re going to go home and they’re going to get over it.”

“We gotta move on,” he continued.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I got a text message yesterday from the Parson campaign (why I’m on their list I have no idea) talking about how great he’s been at protecting Missouri from COVID-19.

He’s refused to issue any mask orders and is fully in the “it should be left up to individual choice” camp, and doesn’t wear a mask himself except a few times when specifically asked to.

He threatened St. Louis for its stay-at-home orders, mask policies etc.

Missouri ranks #44 out of 50 for COVID-19 testing per capita. Also a headline in today’s STL Post-Dispatch: “Missouri Reports Record Number of COVID-19 Hospitalizations”

8 Likes

Truly, it sounds like it should be pronounced “Misery”.

which made me think of this…

4 Likes

It’s not my story, so I won’t tell it, but I know this for certain, from a person who once worked for him. That man is an absolute misogynist piece of shit, and his family values are a bullshit veil over his hatred of women.

I am not sure that I could hate him more than I do, I put him in the same category as McConnell, 45, Sessions, Barr and Graham, all of whom I wouldn’t bother to piss on if they were literally on fire.

8 Likes

“This is not a strike,” Gordon continued. “We are completely and totally willing to work and serve our students virtually in a manner that keeps everyone safe and alive.”

The district, however, isn’t budging.

Poore also told NPR there will be disciplinary action against the no-show teachers, and they may be fired. He says the district has done an excellent job of being as safe as possible in the five weeks it has been open.

8 Likes

to the next world?

5 Likes

Missouri loves company.

5 Likes

There has been a “doomsday cult” side to Christianity since its inception.

7 Likes

I still wanna go to Independence, though, to see the HST Presidential Library!

2 Likes

A bit of levity re inglorious ACB:

2 Likes

The Milquetoast Amy Coney Barrett.

2 Likes

whatchoo gots against milk-n-toast, lol?

2 Likes

Seems better than the Submissive Amy Coney Barrett.

2 Likes

Not as accurate, however.