Marjins Þridus

No, doctors haven’t suggested anything helpful, so I’m trying to figure things out on my own.

2 Likes

That sucks. I’m sorry.

Hopefully, you can find some strategies that help. Do you feel this is helping you?

1 Like

I’m getting better at it. If some of that carries over to other tasks requiring coordination, proprioception, eye tracking, depth perception, etc. that’s probably a good thing. Coordination, proprioception, and depth perception are some of my weak spots.

Also seeing things coming towards me, and coping with zooming animation.

Although I do wonder if trying to follow the ball has contributed to my recent migraines.

3 Likes

Hmmm… that would be a sucky side effect, especially if it’s helping you in other areas! What have you been taking to help with your migraines?

2 Likes

Serotonin, tryptophan, magnesium citrate, calcium+magnesium+zinc. Sometimes multivitamins but I’ve stopped because of my bad migraines after too much thiamin mononitrate, and may need another formula with thiamin hydrochloride. Occasionally acetominophen.

Doctors keep pushing nsaids and ssris.

I keep telling them I’m in enough pain, I don’t nsaids to add intense intestinal pain and worse joint pain and worse tinnitus and hyperacusis.

And I am not touching ssris unless I can get a test of my serotonin levels. Which they won’t approve. I have fructose malabsorption, which is known to interfere with tryptophan absorption, and result in low tryptophan and serotonin levels. So supplements + checking levels seems reasonable to me. No supplements + dependency-creating substitutes for these supplements + not checking levels does not seem reasonable to me.

3 Likes

Sounds like there are a number of things that can set off migraines for you! And I bet finding out what’s in something can be tough sometimes, too.

Yeah, indeed.

I’m sorry about you having to deal with all this. I wish I had something more substantial to offer on these issues, but I really don’t. I just hope that you can figure out a health care regiment and real world strategies that work for you and give you a better quality of life.

3 Likes

I’ve added a “bookmarks” column to my Calibre library. That way I can specify pages to check without slowing down Clearview. It’s not the ideal solution to the bookmarking issues I’ve discussed above, but it is something.

… But I need to find an rsi-minimizing solution to adding books and data and now bookmarks to my Calibre library.

3 Likes

Some float animation, but an interesting series so far:

3 Likes

So now that I’m on Medicaid, I need to figure out some way to find doctors, contact them when needed, etc.

Of course current accessibility standards amount to “disabled people need not exist.”

4 Likes

So I keep getting nastygrams from my previous insurer asking me to keep paying even though I’ve switched to Medicaid. I was sicker than usual at the end of January so I couldn’t inform them then. I have been an ex-customer since then so I can’t inform them through any means I can find now.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m tempted to create a Youtube account just to comment:

“Please include a seizure warning. Preferably at the beginning of the video instead of hidden in a description, since people may embed your video on other sites.”

4 Likes

I wrote up about 1,200 words yesterday, but I have awful brain fog and don’t know if I can write much today.

3 Likes

Would a VRS phone work for you? Or would the captions be too blinky?

1 Like

I don’t know.

At one point I was referred to a local agency to assist people with hearing issues, but they didn’t answer my emails.

Since conventional phones are either designed to be LOUD for people with hearing issues, or designed to be INCAPACITATINGLY LOUD ADVERTISING 60 DB AMPLIFICATION for people with worse hearing issues who aren’t afraid of worsening them, I’m not sure special phones designed for deaf people would be safe for hyperacute people.

2 Likes

Right, but they also make some that only use captions, not sound at all. After all, what good is sound to someone who is 100% deaf, right?

3 Likes

I’m just not sure quiet would be a priority.

3 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/05/dishonest-smearing-ilhan-omar/

1 Like
2 Likes

So after switching to Medicaid, my default doctor is on the other side of the county.

I found a list of doctors, but there are no primary care physicans, in network, accepting new patients, cis-impassible-highway. I can’t find the list now-- I get bounced to a migraine-aggravating site.

Also my default doctor requires phone calls to schedule appointments.

“We WELCOME ALL Insurance including Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid”

"To Schedule or Cancel an Appointment

please CALL 703.535.5568"

Between government, capitalism, and the American medical bureaucracy: “We don’t serve your kind.”

1 Like