Marjins Þridus

It frustrates me when xenophobic authoritarian nationalists call themselves “libertarian.”

Libertarian

There’s a reason your input has no place in public policy! Do you want to have a place at the table? Get on board with immigration controls or shut the fuck up about politics permanently. Easy choice!

Marja Erwin

"There's a reason your input has no place in public policy!"

Do explain.

"Do you want to have a place at the table?"

I want to stop being beaten up for my disabilities.

"Get on board with immigration controls or shut the fuck up about politics permanently. Easy choice!"

I'll take the third option, the only justifiable option. I will not support violence against peaceful people, violence to enforce white supremacism, and I will not shut up about violence, Racist Authoritarian.

If the price for not being beaten up any more is to let other people be beaten, enslaved, and deported-- I cannot support that.
2 Likes

I know I might come off as this:

In retrospect, some people do try to justify the violence. Common arguments for the violence include “we need to stop overpopulation, and allowing immigration will somehow cause overpopulation, so we need to stop immigration,” or “we need to stop border-crossers being killed, and if we escalate the killing, eventually that will stop all crossers, and thus stop the killing,” or “we need to stop border-crossers from being abused by human traffickers, and if we make sure they ca’t come legally and have to turn to human traffickers, that will stop them being abused.” I do not find these arguments convincing.

But most don’t try. Common non-arguments include “might makes right” “you should be silenced,” “you should be forced out of the country” “we need to enforce these laws, and also tighten them, and ignore abuses when enforcing them, because laws.”

5 Likes

My thing is that migration tends strongly to be caused by our rich businessmen and mobsters wrecking shop around the world. We don’t keep our rich businessmen and mobsters in check, so mass desperate immigration is kind of on us. This ignores the whole question of keeping these ignorant thieving bastards in check without ourselves having to hide from the Hellfires.

3 Likes

A real libertarian would be only 110% in favor of open borders.

Libertarian

Nobody has a right to citizenship in this country, you pathetic cuck. Every single uneducated worker you import hurts actual Americans by suppressing their wages. You think you’re noble, but you’re actually a drain on the nation and your neighbors hate you.

You’re going to take the option to shut the fuck up, because I’m going to make you. Your politics will never be relevant again.

:confused:

How? If they’re less educated, they’re not competing for the same jobs as the more educated Americans. The only way they could suppress wages is if they’re doing the same work, harder, for less money. A real libertarian would say that if American workers who are uneducated and unwilling to work hard are devalued, then oh well, that’s just the system working.

ETA: Anyone willing to artificially prop up the value of those unwilling to get an education and unwilling to work, just because they’re American, and then call themselves a libertarian?

Ahaha no I’m not, and nobody can make me.

3 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Do you HAVE to run the engine and SHAKE THE NEIGHBORHOOD to wash your car? And then REV THE ENGINE as you SHAKNG INTENSIFIES?

It’s been more than 32 minutes, with no prospect of an end.

3 Likes

More than 55 minutes, but finally over. I didn’t check the clock until things had been shaking for a very long time, so probably closer to 75 minutes.

No, wait, they’ve started their engine again.

More than 72 minutes of incessent shaking, probably around 92 minutes.

Just checking sparkplug temperat… <shit. the opposing petrochemical signaturial…> the alien ship, or, ignorant special people in the vertical bars to fo the same shit as an interva…

Yeahno we have got this shit now.

Hello. We read you fine now.

2 Likes
1 Like

So the state I’m living in has finally expanded Medicaid– but with work requirements so it still excludes disabled people from Medicaid.

I know there’s an exemption if you’re abled enough to get through the bureaucracy, and disabled enough and in the right ways to prove disability, and can take the years it takes to prove disability. But I am disabled and can’t do that.

3 Likes

In a just world, the prosecutors would face consequences for malicious prosecution and prosecutorial misconduct.

In the real world, they have absolute immunity, so they’re free to violate people’s rights to their hearts’ content.

2 Likes

But does anyone know of resources on exactly what it covers and who it exempts from the work requirements?

1 Like
3 Likes

Leafblowers in excess of 65 fucking decibels.

For me, 65 decibels is pain equivalent to getting hit by a car. (Of course my hearing is more sensitive than most people’s, so for the average person, 65 decibels might be no worse than, for me, 33 decibels.)

Yeah, a vacuum cleaner/hair dryer is near the upper level of “uncomfortable but not actually painful” for me, and that’s about 70 dB, and it seems that I’m slightly more sensitive to noise than most people I talk to.

Heck, people blast their music at ~120 dB (this is a large reason why I don’t go to bars, parties, concerts, etc., and, when I do, I need to escape into quieter areas at regular intervals), and they seem to enjoy the noise.

3 Likes