Marvel's Avengers: Endgame // SPOILERS

At least things will no longer be awkward with Sharon.

3 Likes

At least not until she’s born again.

3 Likes

Well, a teen.

Trying very hard not to replace Trump and Ivanka with Steve and Sharon in the famous “lap” photo

2 Likes

So that’s why that scene made no sense. It was ad-libbed. I was blaming the writers for RDJ’s mistake (Cap would have dropped everything and come if you’d’ve just picked up the damned phone, Tony).

4 Likes

The character was legit delirious and not making sense, with a history of being dramatic and a giant dick. I think the take was chosen for good reasons.

4 Likes

I even kinda get Tony accusing him. He’s saying all of the things he wants to say to himself. He knows the blame for the outcome of Civil War falls on him.

If I were writing the script, though, somebody (not necessarily Cap) would have stood up and called Tony on his bullshit, to make it clear to those in the audience who don’t remember Civil War or Infinity War all that well that that isn’t a fair characterization of how things went down.

But if that wasn’t in the script initially, it makes sense why they wouldn’t think to put a rebuttal there.

3 Likes

The character was having a major medical event.

1 Like

…And letting him go on an angry rant is helpful in that situation?

Even if they didn’t want to stand up to Tony, they could have had someone who knew what had gone down in Civil War (Romanoff?) or in New York in Infinity War (Banner?) come up to him and try to reassure him that what Tony brought up wasn’t the whole story. Sure, have Cap brush that reassurance off, but at least call out what Tony is completely glossing over.

2 Likes

Something tells me that “setting the record straight” to an agitated friend who’s in a delicate state… is not Cap’s style. Ultron, a personality that can be described as “Tony Stark gone horribly wrong”, that’s in character. Maybe the dead Maximov or any of the Guardians. Maybe not Nebula—it wouldn’t have been personal for her.

3 Likes