Mathematical jokes

Lifehack: If you ever get cold at home, find a corner of the room to stand in.

They’re usually about 90 degrees.

16 Likes
8 Likes

Not precisely math, but close enough…

If Iron Man and Silver Surfer teamed up to defend Australia, they’d be alloys.

9 Likes
6 Likes

(From a marketing email I received)

Q: There were 30 students but only 28 chicken nuggets. How many didn’t get one?

A: Ten.

(if confused, read it out loud)

3 Likes

Does it somehow change to binary? Even so I really can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Try saying the numbers real slow.

3 Likes

Oh for goodness sake. SMH

7 Likes

Yes, the accent on one syllable makes all the diff - I just got it myself!

2 Likes

Not a joke, but…

For some reason, the phrase “Never take a mathematician square-dancing” came to mind as if it were the opening to a joke; but if it is, I don’t remember the punchline.

1 Like

Challenge level square dancing is usually only computer people, professors, etc. because it is so mathematical and logical.

The crinoline & polyester Western shirt stereotype is only one subset of the dance form, and basically non-existent at the higher levels.

Edited to add:

OMG, I’m just now watching! I’ve danced in that room, and the caller is Sandie Bryant! She is a goddess!!

1 Like

Maybe not…
https://www.hatds.org/squares

Traditional Square Dance is not the same thing as Modern Western Square Dance. Among other distinctions, it is much more attractive to white supremacists. It also doesn’t have skill levels.

1 Like

My algebra teacher would’ve loved that one. I still remember the time he gave us an extra credit question on one of the hard tests: “Why was 6 afraid of 7?” Because 7 8 9

If I’d only known the followup then, I might’ve gotten extra credit on the extra credit. but 6 didn’t have to be afraid, because 7 was just trying to get 3² meals per day.

4 Likes

Ooops, my bad - thanks for straightening me out!

2 Likes

“If you’re ever feeling down, just remember… you’re closer to being a millionaire than Jeff Bezos is.”

10 Likes

What’s a statistician’s favorite drink?

Probably tea.

5 Likes

Did you hear? 19 and 20 got in a fight.

yeah, 21

4 Likes

Did you hear 7 and 9 got in a fight?

(7 8 9)

1 Like
7 Likes