Mutants and mutations

News.

About mutants.

Happy or otherwise.

3 Likes

Just because I was reminded of it:

3 Likes

Yeah I was thinking about using that as a topic title but the literal meaning didn’t seem relevant.

3 Likes

So here’s the actual news article.

It starts out

Religious people tend to live healthier, longer lives than atheists.This trend has puzzled academics for some time, but social scientists may have discovered the reason why.

Oh yeah? Why is that then?

Research published in Evolutionary Psychological Science has linked a rise in atheism to increasingly prevalent mutant genes.

WHAT :confused:

Lead author Edward Dutton from the Ulster Institute for Social Research explained the research to Newsweek. He says: “Maybe the positive relationship between religiousness and health is not causal—it’s not that being religious makes you less stressed so less ill. Rather, religious people are a genetically normal remnant population from preindustrial times, and the rest of us are mutants who’d have died as children back then.”

4 Likes

Maybe I should have started a Bad Science topic instead.

11 Likes

Institute President - Professor Richard Lynn

5 Likes

So religiousness as in “Sieg Heil!”

https://books.google.com/books?id=RONb2alF0rEC&q=hailags+weihs#v=snippet&q=háilags%20weihs&f=false

See pages 360 to 361.

If you can’t read the chapter, the Gothic bible avoids hailags/hailag/hailaga because of its militaristic connotations, in favor of weihs/weih/weiha.

2 Likes