My father died on Wednesday

Your father really sounds like an amazing man. So sorry for your family’s loss, but he’ll definitely live on in your memories.

5 Likes

Our dads were of the same vintage, and mine was one generation out of Ireland. Yours kept longer. :slight_smile:

Peace be with you, I am so sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

Sounds like we should thank him for teaching you to write so effectively.

6 Likes

I know you’ll miss him terribly, but he was a very lucky man to live such a long and healthy life for fulfilling his vocations and find joy and contentment in his family and hobbies.

8 Likes

he was obviously very talented, creative, and loved. my condolences.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss.

7 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. Pleased to hear about him, though - it sounds very much like he was a benefit and example to the people around him.

9 Likes

When my grandfather was diagnosed with leukemia he decided to not wait around but have a large party in Canada and invite everyone up. His last words to me as we drove out the driveway were “Improve the gene pool!”

Sounds like your dad did okay with that too. He’s left a heck of a legacy with how you are able to tell us about him.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear. Please accept my condolences, and thank you for telling us about your father.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hugs in your time of grief.

8 Likes

What a remarkable human being - clear from the way you speak about him and from the small window into his life that you have given us. I’m sad to hear of his passing and for your loss, but hope that you will cherish his story with every day to come.

8 Likes

My sympathies as well. Losing family is hard, regardless of how well they lived, and it sounds like he lived well.

5 Likes

15 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.

3 Likes