NBC to air interview between Megyn Kelly and Alex Jones

On Father’s Day, NBC is planning to air a sit-down interview between Megyn Kelly and conspiracy theorist / general all-around asshole Alex Jones.

This shows great disrespect for the victims, families and friends of Sandy Hook, as well as normalising Jones and bringing him to the mainstream where he certainly doesn’t belong.

10 Likes

7 Likes

I only briefly read about the controversy here, but I kinda side with NBC/Megan Kelley on this one; here’s a guy who’s an absolute troll, but who has been given access and credibility by the current administration, so he already has a “voice.” If the interview is done right and exposes him for a idiot and a fraud, that seems like a legitimate use of airtime to me. There is no better disinfectant than sunlight. Pretending he doesn’t exist only allows him to grow in the shadows like a black mold.

14 Likes

There’s that, and then there was his kinda recent claim his whole evil shtick was “performance art”. I wonder if this isn’t some too-late/ill-timed attempt at rehabilitation.

5 Likes

If it ends up being an attempt at rehabilitation by Jones, and Kelley supports that in any way, then I’m completely fine putting the screws to her and calling for boycotts and all that stuff. But to do it preemptively when nobody is really even sure what’s going to happen, I don’t see that as supportive of a free press.

6 Likes

Problem is, all indications are that she’s not going after him like that. It looks a hell of a lot more like normalization which is the last thing he needs.

8 Likes

Not from the couple of clips I’ve seen. I watched the NBC clip earlier, and I just watched one from Jones post-interview and he pretty much calls her the anti-Christ and now he’s calling for the interview to be pulled because he thinks it’s a hit job. Oh and he isn’t even attracted to her. 0%. That’s gotta mean something…

I’m linking this for reference but please know if you watch even a portion of it, you will be stupider than if you hadn’t;

Point is, this doesn’t seem to be about the rehabilitation of Jones, but about the rehabilitation of Kelley. That might alone be reason to be upset with NBC, but as for the Jones thing I’d like to see this out, if for no other reason than to throw some more light on the people who are part of the strategy team behind Trump.

10 Likes

Well, she started wih Putin.
How she gunna top that?

2 Likes

the guy is pure garbage, and even though she’s not a shining beacon of journalism either, i think it’s terrible that they would give a sandy hook conspiracy theorist airtime on father’s day. NBC is completely tasteless and i hope this pulls them down in flames.

8 Likes

Well, Universal’s part of NBC, and they used to be the studio that did all those horror flicks in the 1930s, so this is rather appropriate, I think.

8 Likes

https://www.alternet.org/media/alex-jones-just-leaked-his-secret-pre-interview-conversations-megyn-kelly-and-they-are-damning

9 Likes

no honor among… liars, i guess, is the word i’m looking for here.

7 Likes

Huh… so a reporter told him they would go easy on him and flattered him to get him into an interview… and then asked him a bunch of hard questions?

I mean, sure, it’s a little duplicitous… but I wonder how many times he’s done the exact same thing or similar?

9 Likes

I said it elsewhere, but it bears repeating: this is why you don’t give propagandists a platform. Showing clips of Alex Jones (or others) is all you need to damn them, giving them a larger audience to contextulize their bullshit only works in their favor. Especially someone with decades of experience.

7 Likes

We don’t actually know if she asked hard questions, it’s why he got in front of the interview.

3 Likes

It’s about what I thought.

It’s absolutely negative on Jones, does a pretty milquetoast job, and leans on the nobility of running the interview. The only good reporting as done on the fucking Chobani yogurt scandal of his.

MK: Do you think of yourself as a journalist?
Jones: … … I have some journalists that work for me, and I do journalistic work, and I’ve broken a lot of big stories, and I understand the… the basics of it.

5 Likes

Wow, his voice and words are so fucking evil. It is scary scary scary that he is attractive to anyone, much less our president.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I can’t even finish listening to this.

7 Likes

I’d actually buy that.

2 Likes