Net neutrality

3 Likes

There goes quick access to whatever they don’t like. I worry it will include political stuff.

Edit Typo

8 Likes

Congress has 60 working days to stay it. Independent King and Republican Collins both signed letters against the vote. Within 60 days, Jones should hopefully be seated. Let your Congresspeople know you care.

5 Likes

As expected. Have to keep fighting every step of the way.

5 Likes

There is only one positive point. Without the ability to access their favourite ways of amusing themselves to death*, people who were formerly blasé may decide to join the movement in the streets.

People may not give a shit about other people’s health care or bodily autonomy, but they sure as shit aren’t going to like it when their own fun gets curtailed. Yes, I am cynical about people, I have a lifetime of living with them.

*HT to Neil Postman

6 Likes

Also worth contacting your governor and AG if your AG hasn’t joined the other 17 already in on the suit.

https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/941391171649265664

6 Likes

I’m kind of surprised to see Kentucky and Mississippi on that list.

Most of those states are solidly blue, with a couple (Iowa and Pennsylvania) swinging purple-ward in the last election, but KY and MS are about as far to the other side of the spectrum as any.

It’s like Sesame Street: “Two of these States are not like the others.”

5 Likes

Iowa, North Carolina, and Virginia are technically swing states as well.

1 Like
7 Likes

https://twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/status/941025240129441792

5 Likes

Someone asked the FCC how their dead mother could have commented 3 times to get rid of Net Neutrality. This is a cluster fuck of evil.

4 Likes

It’s disturbing what is happening with our democratic processes and Russia’s bots right now. I cannot believe that congress is not acting to shut it down but of course they are all bought and paid for.

4 Likes

Of course, I agree with everything said here about identity theft to push a corporate narrative, but that’s a terrible map.

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes