New super hero?

So we need a super hero for the 21st century. I propose captain neural network.

Any other ideas?

3 Likes

Dunno 'bout superheroes, but a 21st-century hero needs a good 21st-century villain. I propose… Goldenpotty.

12 Likes

I don’t follow many superheroes.

I started reading some of the Batgirl reboot because of the whole confronting-her-ptsd storyline. I was kinda angry over the Joker and Bane plots, they don’t really fit with the rest.

I also read Dreadnaught:Nemesis and Sovereign. I am disappointed by the occasional slur. I don’t know if volume 3 will come anytime soon.

5 Likes

We already have AI superheroes (Vision e.g.). Neural networks themselves are not necessarily AIs and have already appeared as well (what fed the targeting system for the supercarriers in Age of Ultron).

Captain NN would be a good satirical character in The Venture Bros. though.

2 Likes

Captain Obvious!

6 Likes

By day, a wealthy hip hop artist.

By night, he inspires news headlines around the world about his misadventures.

He is…

Flo Rida Man!

11 Likes

And I don’t think any one superhero can be a role model for all people-- diversity is necessary.

4 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t do Twitter. I mean, is it @realbatman, @imthebatman, or @totallynotbrucewaynebutactuallybatman?

Who can even begin to keep up?

8 Likes

The Flash, the Reverse Flash, Kid Flash, Dark Flash, Bizarro-Flash, Green Lightning, Zoom, Blur, Johnny Quick, Quicksilver, Whizzer, Speed, Speed Demon, Speed Freek, Ghost Rider, Dash Parr, Superman, Superboy, Supergirl…

6 Likes

I think I tried most of those in my younger days but I’m too old for that sort of thing now.

Going to work on a Monday after 48 hours of being awake is pretty low on my list of priorities now I’m happily married and in my mid-thirties, thank you very much…

7 Likes

Mediocre Man.

6 Likes

Bring back everyone’s favourite octogenarian superhero, Supergran!

(Did anyone ever settle the argument over whether it was set in Newcastle or Scotland? The accents always seemed split 50-50.)

5 Likes

wait. didn’t they do that character already? :wink:

3 Likes

You’re right, we need a team!

aquabats

2 Likes