No Comment

2 Likes
9 Likes

I have a climber friend who is awesome. Her name is Billie, AKA Beastie.

A decade ago, she wanted to have a baby, so decided that it was her last chance in a while for serious mountaineering. So she went to NZ and summitted Mt Cook.

This is a serious apoxia grade mountain. Billie handled it fine, except for one thing: she got really badly sunburnt on the roof of her mouth. Sunlight bouncing off the snow, and a week of open-mouthed struggling for oxygen.

10 Likes

My face is still peeling from Eclipse Day.

It’s not from watching the event. I think it’s from hitchhiking back through the desert, and then over a mountain range. An hour in the sun at high altitude is like days at sea level.

9 Likes
3 Likes

If I had to come up with a stage name for someone who stared at the sun and then canceled his concerts because of it, it would be Joey Bada$$

1 Like

Well did it work?

Ftfy

2 Likes

oh, geez. I actually liked him, too. not sure about that last album, seemed like he changed his style, but when he was on the come-up, I actually thought he was one of the better young cats out there. sheesh. I’ve known guys that were excellent rappers–big vocab, could freestyle, battle, etc–and they turned out to be doorknobs in person, though. so I guess you never can tell.

1 Like

I feel badly for the guy. Literally everyone told him it was a bad idea. Literally. Everyone.

2 Likes

I… uh… I didn’t tell him.

My bad.

8 Likes

Were we supposed to tell him?
I thought it was covered in a seinfeld episode.

3 Likes