Not Feminism 101

Yeah, I am aware

1 Like

Okay. Sorry. I’m trying to be on your side, so I’d appreciate maybe if you weren’t so hostile to me.

My entire point was that though it’s difficult, it’s not insurmountable to say to the other person in a relationship that you have a different communication and understanding and have them work with you to communicate clearly, and that when the other person doesn’t do that, that’s not on you to fix. It’s them that’s the problem. But if you don’t communicate to them that you can’t read more subtle clues, then how will they know. Either way, if both sides in a relationship aren’t willing to do what needs to be done to communicate clearly, whatever that may mean, then it’s a more serious problem that either means the relationship might need outside help or the relationship isn’t worth pursuing.

8 Likes

Wet Thor?

1 Like

Not even close to being true, and I’m dismayed at the derail this thread has taken.

5 Likes

Yes, sorry. I am guilty of grabbing the steering wheel.

4 Likes

I have split the thread as neatly as I can. The continued discussion on the difficult dance of communication can be found in this thread: Communication Is Broken

Ths was done to respect the purpose of this thread and the pattern of posting until this recent turn of topic.

Sorry for not acting sooner. We tried to retain as much readability as we could with the topic fork.

Please remember to respect your fellow posters - if a new facet of discussion veers toward a different tangent than the rest of the thread prior, it may be time to make use of the Reply As New Thread feature, which you can access by clicking on the previous post’s timestamp.

Thank you.

17 Likes

Just give it to Jesus, he can take the wheel! :wink:

4 Likes

Somewhat OT, but are you using a different background colour for your admin as opposed to your personal posts?

If so, thank you for the transparency.

8 Likes

Yup! Discourse has the handy option to make a post use Staff Colour. Very useful for delinating staff decision from private opinion. Transparency is key to fostering community. Thank you all for understanding.

18 Likes
11 Likes

Thread:

10 Likes
13 Likes

What is this “justice”? I seriously believe that the concept of it has been seriously in serious disrepair for quite sometime.

9 Likes

Wait. Wait wait wait. She’s having her sentence commuted but is still on parole? That’s ridiculous.

14 Likes

wtf

5 Likes

Your feet are probably in someone’s database somewhere. Isn’t the 21st century great? :confused:

2 Likes

This is starting to seriously smack of desperation.

It’s all Ratfucking 101 – none of it would have surprised Nixon, except for maybe the part where AOC gets elected in the first place – but it’s bouncing off.

Mostly, IMHO, because instead of getting (publicly) indignant, AOC just uses each incident to laugh at the GOP and press another policy point.

15 Likes

Yep. The GOP has no idea how relatable she’s coming across.

9 Likes

This is quite a contrast with both Clintons’ R-lite lack of spine.

8 Likes

As I’ve been saying lo these past three years…

“They go low, we go high” my ass. They go low, we hammer them in the nuts and say try it again, bitch.

10 Likes