Not Feminism 101

I heard about that this morning. Only I’m staying in a hotel this week and they had Fox News on over breakfast, so I had to listen to Megyn Kelly defend rapists on some crappy Fox News morning show. Ugh.

8 Likes

I thought she was on NBC now… Was she just back as a guest?

4 Likes

It was one of those annoyingly chirpy morning show formats, whatever it was. Made it even worse.

6 Likes

She’s scaring me with that electric razor…I mean, my legs are crossed TIGHTLY, lol…just one wrong move and…AAAAAAAAAAUGGGHHH!!!

8 Likes

I watch one network - Turner Classic Movies. But this fall, whatever they air at 9:30 p.m. EST - I’m gonna miss it. And this is why:

I CAN’T WAIT!!!

7 Likes

Putting this here, because this is a common cry among racists, MRAs, g*trs and other alt-right shits.

DEBAAAATE MEEEEE!!!

19 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that angle. I just always go with, “your group is completely reprehensible and doesn’t deserve the dignity of debate.”

I like the cult connection though (by which I mean I don’t like it but think it’s an awesome point). I’m going to have to read up on that.

17 Likes

Thread:

13 Likes

Maybe people will listen since a dude is saying it…

8 Likes

Not even at a god damn funeral, for one of the most popular and recognizable singers of the 20th century (who is a woman) can dudes keep their hands to themselves:

Fuck this asshole. His behavior is disrespectful to Aretha AND Ariana Grande.

ab-fab-patsy-piss-off

15 Likes

Not even in wrestling do you get to grab a boob.

9 Likes

Thread:

13 Likes
10 Likes
19 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

Timothy: But, biblically, man was first. God created Adam first.

Me: And he screwed up so bad he needed a do over.

10 Likes

I’ve been wavering over whether to say something about this for a few days.

Lately, I think I’ve really been having some difficulty being on board with many aspects of Mexican culture while living in Tijuana, and recently saw a young girl take some emotional trauma and her opinion be dismissed like it was nothing.

I was invited over to my friend’s house for his daughter’s birthday celebration, and she’d turned 22. She also has a daughter, who is about 4.
So it came time to blow out the candles, and serve the cake. As some may know, there’s a thing here where the birthday boy/girl gets their face smashed into the cake. I’m not sure how long this has been around.

Anyway, her daughter saw it coming, and she begins to seriously protest and try to block them as best a 4 year-old can. Mom says something to the effect of don’t bother, but of course the guys won’t let it go.
By the time they get around to smashing a piece of cake in mom’s face, the daughter is crying and angry, and everyone is telling her it’s no big deal.

And me, the gringo, is saying, “Don’t you see how serious this is to her? To her, this is a dirty trick.”
And the general opinion is that I’m being too sensitive, like the granddaughter, and that I “just don’t understand”.

Sigh I’m really getting tired of “tradition” and it’s harmful messages. I really felt bad for the granddaughter, who fell asleep crying.

18 Likes
7 Likes

That sucks. You don’t want to come off as completely dismissive of local cultural mores, but it’s tough to see this kind of casual sexism and not want to fight against it, too.

I wonder if they would have said the same thing to a little boy instead of a little girl? Or would it have been a moment where his upset reaction would have been cast as a feminine reaction that needed to be stamped out?

15 Likes