Not Feminism 101

So, extra work – unpaid, no less – for women in the industry to prove they belong there after all? Yeah, that’s a great suggestion.

15 Likes

I read another article that says he was just trying to find real solutions to problems of diversity and the reporting was all wrong on this.

How about, assholes have figured out the language of the left and have tried to crowbar it against itself by pretending to be playing the same game?

15 Likes

Here’s another idea: Google, get woke.

7 Likes

The CBC article said diversity policies should not be above criticism – okay, that’s about bureaucracy, fine – but then blew it with the “debate” stuff.

All the people saying “but that’s not what he wrote about” are not doing a very good job of separating the two concepts themselves.

2 Likes

Oh right, we must debate because there are equal but different theories. Just like evolution and climate change!

11 Likes

https://www.quora.com/What-do-scientists-think-about-the-biological-claims-made-in-the-anti-diversity-document-written-by-a-Google-employee-in-August-2017/answer/Suzanne-Sadedin

2 Likes

But…but he did! He reduced the number of white male coders at Google by 1, marginally increasing diversity. :wink:

17 Likes

There are two equal but different theories - is he a stupid fucking asshole or a fucking stupid asshole?

16 Likes

Yes. :wink:

7 Likes

I’ll admit I did not read that article, @ChickieD, and unless someone wants to vouch that it is truly uplifting and in iambic pentameter, I’m not going to. Because I have heard that song and dance so many times before. I’ve just almost finished collecting, via the State Labor Board, from the last guy who cozied up to me to ask why should he pay for the cow, when he’s getting the milk for free. So done with all the bros

10 Likes

I read that article that @ChickieD is referencing, and you’re exactly right: let’s take the bro at his word when he SAYS he’s pro-diversity, just wants to discuss the options. Like we’ve never heard that before.

10 Likes

13 Likes

Anyone who wrote that bilge would have done so knowing they would be fired from one of the best-paying, most employee-friendly employers around. It’s also telling that he declined all interviews (not much of a way to push a manifesto or encourage an honest dialogue, is it?) except for two ultra-right YouTube trolls.

My guess is he has looked at Milo, Shkreli et al and figured “you know what? That beats working for a living” and we are sadly going to be seeing a lot more of this jackass.

13 Likes

He’s a flavor of the week. He’ll be forgotten in due time

7 Likes

I hope so but I’m pretty sure he’ll do his best to stick around, like the floater he is…

8 Likes

I want to believe that will turn out to be true, I really do. On the other hand, I know that Joseph Goebbels didn’t come out of nowhere, and he didn’t work alone. These guys are all trying out for a spot on today’s Team White Supremacy. Far too many of them will succeed in making other people’s lives worse, shorter, or both.

5 Likes

Sorry, James, but millions of strong, independent women disagree with you:

TL/DR James Cameron is a pompous fucking ass.

17 Likes

Best take:

16 Likes

IIRC he thought Rose was a badass woman heroine in Titanic. I remember the first time I saw the film, I was horrified at how many people would have died by someone pulling the crap she did while the ship was sinking.

I suppose it does critique upper-class arranged marriages in the Gilded Age, but that’s a ridiculously easy target, as is how the rich treated the not-rich (and still do).

(Yeah, “first time”. I like watching it for the costumes when I’m sick. Don’t judge.)

11 Likes

488e0a4424a3da6d8a5380343474d602995f1025

9 Likes