Not Feminism 101

This thread:

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1086736992572981256

There is no punchline. And even if it was in jest, it’s the kind of backhanded shit that makes kids feel like shit. And what kind of misogynistic bullshit is “his brains come from me?”

If he were really proud of his nerdy son and didn’t feel the need to show his “real man” colours, he’d just be proud of him, and not execute the failure mode of clever.

This, too, is toxic masculinity. If you have kids? Don’t do this.

ETA: if you read his bio, this is not satire.

18 Likes

I’m glad she’s alright.

9 Likes

Oh ffs, that’s depressing. He’d rather his kid risked getting a concussion than that he’d use his brain for something constructive.

Interesting that the main part of the thread is about his discomfort and alienation. He’s willing to admit everyone else is excited and engaged.

16 Likes

And he’s doing that in a public forum too… What about when his kid reads that shit?

10 Likes

It’s been weird. Occasionally these garbage tweaker dipshits will try to provoke, solo, physical confrontations in broad daylight as if it’s some kind of plan. Spitting, talking shit, everything but taking the first shot. Probably just a 4-chan meme to substitute for real terrorist cells. Also the knives thing. Escalation in wait. They’re trying to make a criminal gang, a terrorist organization, and a civil war and they think they can skate on the consequences.

13 Likes

And they believe they are morally in the right, too. And it’s frightening how much they can skate on the consequences thus far. We have to keep giving these groups the benefit of the doubt, because they’re just “lone wolves” or “mentally ill” or… just white and likely have ties to law enforcement. They grew out of older groups of course and a carrying on a tradition of trying to reinforce white supremacy through violence and intimidation.

Your acquaintance is brave as fuck, tho! I wish her safety as she stands up to these shitheads.

12 Likes

And they’ve been preaching ““lone” wolf” terror foe decades-- e.g. the Phineas Priesthood.

4 Likes

Thread:

12 Likes

SfN = world’s biggest neuroscience conference.

13 Likes
10 Likes

Not overly surprising. One of their officers publicly attacked me on twitter after I spoke out about a friend of hers physically bullying me at a workshop. Most people just don’t want to fix harassment.

13 Likes

SfN was also the setting for this infamous douchebag:

8 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: The Arc of Justice

Indeed. They enjoy engaging in it too much and see it as their right as men.

I wish I believed that. I don’t believe about the arc of history bending towards justice, because, well, I study history. I hope it does, but that guarantees literally nothing.

11 Likes

I’m trying to find stuff online about Queen Silver. There’s an LA Times article, but it won’t let me share the link. And there’s this:
http://www.queensilver.org/

4 Likes
8 Likes

does this sketch have a sketchy subtext?

1 Like

It was a woman who came after me. I don’t normally say things like this about other women’s motivations, but she went from 0 to 100 in a way that made me wonder if there wasn’t something going on between her and the harasshole.

Patriarchy can’t persist without female foot soldiers.

11 Likes

Update:

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/01/20/25580467/patriot-prayer-rallies-outside-union-headquarters-spouts-hate-speech

2 Likes
8 Likes