Not Feminism 101

In one of Erma’s writings, she mentioned how Dolores Del Rio had been asked how she maintained her smooth complexion in an interview; the reply was, “By not smiling”. Erma said it was the crying lines that caused wrinkles more than laughing. I think it’s a combo.

I basically don’t care any more either. Although I wouldn’t mind having my acne scars smoothed over, but that would be it.

1 Like

It wasn’t acid, so I guess that’s progress.

2 Likes

I learned about being Jewish from “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.” I learned a lot of other things from her other books, too; mostly about coping with growing up and not being like everyone else.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Surprise, surprise, surprise:

8 Likes

The only “pro-life” position that is actually morally justifiable is one that recognizes the rights of people to have protected pregnancies up to and including termination of said pregnancy… at any point.

Terminating a pregnancy against the will of the pregnant person should be a crime. As should forcing a person to carry a pregnancy.

This only fails to make absolute logical sense if you simply fundamentally do not believe that pregnant people have rights or are fully human. Unfortunately, I think a lot more people really don’t believe that than realize it though. If you see the pregnant person as a container or a tool and believe that pregnant people on some fundamental level are disposable, then the current system makes sense. I think a lot of people who think they are progressive still stumble on this.

10 Likes
10 Likes

If only the industry had listened…

9 Likes

I saw in my AP newsletter that the Swedes have come up with this:

4 Likes
7 Likes

I’m hoping they use good guidelines in programming. Medical device manufacturers don’t have a great track record when it comes to diversity in design or testing, and I’d hate to see doctors rely on this without a human looking at every scan, too. The problem in too many for-profit healthcare models is they want to reduce the number of humans involved. If a program makes a mistake, and no human is there to catch it, then the patient has to deal with consequences. Who will be liable for that?

9 Likes

It’s always something isn’t it?

4 Likes
4 Likes

Tennessee?!

1 Like