Not Feminism 101

Maybe the context matters, beyond uncritically reacting to the presence of a word.

Maybe it’s not good optics, but I think we should infiltrate and take over. Also, complaints about Karltural Marx tend to be a US thing, which I tend to need to remind people is not a Western (European) culture, it is a colonial culture.

1 Like

Maybe you should read the articles and the links?

8 Likes

Despite all my despair about the world today… I do have hope for the future.

Young girls today, they ain’t putting up with shit.
And we need to buy them all the cakes and celebrate them!!

12 Likes

Or earlier.

9 Likes

Its amazing that we go from that… the year BEFORE (most) American women got the vote…
To today. Where the mere existence of feminism is a sign of a vast decades long conspiracy!
I mean… that is some hella koolaid they’re swilling, obviously its us wimmens fault.

(Also sidebar about the influenza pandemic, have you read accounts of that? Its terrifying!! And people fell ill and died within 12-24 hours!! Thats crazy!)

9 Likes

I read a story about a doctor here in Toronto being told a baby had fallen ill, right at the end of a very long day at the height of the epidemic. He promised to visit first thing in the morning.

When he showed up (first thing as promised), he found the door open, and everyone in the house – baby, both parents, another older child – dead. All he could do was alert the authorities to find next of kin and do the necessaries.

11 Likes

There’s a passage in Kate Atikinsons “Life after life” where some young people go to London to celebrate the end of WWI. And before the end of the next day, they’re dead, and half the people in the house are sick and dying.

Its such a strange illness. It targeted young healthy people in their 20 to 40s. And the only reason it was called the “Spanish” flu was that Spain was the only country not censoring the news and actually reporting factually what was going on!

Side note: Life after life is a lovely novel. Deceptively light and fluffy, but really not.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Because a teenage girl can’t encourage other girls without men on youtube yelling “go make me a sandwich”

Well she did asshats.
Now go get it!

17 Likes

It was a really nice-looking sandwich, too! Not some Wonder Bread and one slice of budget bologna job.

A sandwich that makes you wish you were fantastic enough to get to the South Pole and retrieve it.

Un coup de sandwich.

Okay I’ll stop now.

11 Likes

Obligatory:

https://dottech.org/152000/hey-girl-make-me-a-sandwich-comic/

7 Likes

14 Likes
7 Likes

Oh hai that looks familiar! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

However…#notallcommunists

And a bit more context from Mark Steel
http://marksteelinfo.com/2013/03/oh-good-lord-what-has-the-swp-gone-and-done-now/

6 Likes

Yeah, there are large swaths of the left wing that tend to be astonishingly retrograde… hence fauxminists.

We could open a whole thread about that.

8 Likes

Polo, a world where sex is not for mutual pleasure? Is this what I was being asked to imagine? Ibwojld not like that world at all.

10 Likes

And a world where no one is to “blame” for rape.

FML

Can we not?

12 Likes

But this isn’t about people agreeing to something else. This about some people using their position to rape other people. That is not agreeing. That is one of the great evils of capitalism, the state, and… also many left-wing movements.

In broader terms, we are all individuals, we experience the world as individuals, why shouldn’t we try to make a system that works for all the individuals? In general when we stop trying to make it work for all the individuals, and focus on organic unity, then the more powerful ones may abuse others, or decide to sacrifice others’ needs.

7 Likes

Holy crap sticks… did they lift their questions directly from Tracy Ullman?

“[They asked me] had you been drinking? … Are you sure that you said no, and are you sure you didn’t consent. Was he drunk? Because it would be different if he was drunk.”

6 Likes