Not Feminism 101

So lets talk about Star Wars!

Or rather the fan edit that took out all the women, because chicks ruin sci fi amiright?

#masculitysofragile
#BanAllMen

13 Likes

I cannot even with that. Just no.

And that is just a fraction of the characters they could name. And then there are the many authors who created and shaped the genre from its beginning: Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Ursula LeGuin, Alice Bradley Sheldon (aka James Tiptree Jr.), C. J. Cherryh… so many names. Producers, directors, screenwriters, editors… the original Star Wars Trilogy itself wouldn’t have been the same without Marcia Lucas’s input.

We women are unquestionably part and parcel of science fiction, no ifs, ands, or buts. If those fragile little broflakes can’t accept that, IMHO, they need to get the fuck out of the fandom!

21 Likes

Damn, that’s one hell of a collection of female Badasses in scifi-fantasy; my only bone to pick is that all the main clones from Orphan Black aren’t listed - each one had her own strengths, even Alison Hendrix…

16 Likes

TEAM ALLISON!
Allison is the best clone!!

12 Likes

giphy

10 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah… it’s kind of a toss up between Cosima and Helena for me, TBH.

­

12 Likes

Allison when shit needs to be done, but appearances must be kept up.

Cosima when science is needed to solve the shit.

Sarah when shit gets fucking weird.

Helena when shit needs to be done no matter the fucking consequences.

Krystal when pure luck and gumption will solve the shit.

They are all badass, including my personal fave:

Mrs. S when shit needs to be made real fucking clear.

9 Likes

Rachel, when one needs to be a stone-cold, unflinching bitch…

(Seriously, though; the wine stem!)

And yes, Siobhan Sadler was everything.

Also, how cute is it that Felix’s funko pop is him painting naked except for his apron?

7 Likes

Indeed. I couldn’t think of one for Rachel, because I kind of hate her, but you are spot on.

4 Likes

Oh, I hated Rachel too, and that’s just a testament to how insanely talented Tatiana Maslany is as an actor; she convincingly embodied each clone and made each one unique, to the point that it was easy to forget that they were all portrayed by one woman.

Side note; Krystal was probably my least fav clone until the ep where she goes from 2d bimbo to self affirming badass, whaling on that douchebro… who’s actually Tatiana’s boyfriend in real life.

6 Likes

Chrisjen Avasarala of The Expanse is amazing. Shohreh Aghdashloo nails it.

7 Likes

She is a delight in that series.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Thread:

17 Likes

Woman in science still has time for sex, keeps up with workload during pregnancy… yeah, no wonder they were uncomfortable. :thinking:

14 Likes

Oh hey lookit that, women are just creating their own networks away from the eyes of men?

Imagine that! LOL - I count at least 5 closed network women-only groups that I belong to and interact with on a daily (if not hourly) basis.

As advertising rarely reflects women’s perspectives or needs, women have learned to rely on the recommendations of other women. Women have formed their own networks where they share product referrals to understand the efficacy and fit of a product before buying. This also accounts for the very different behaviors of men and women online. Women share and refer content 62% more than men; and use social networking to form communities, while men prefer content oriented sites that can increase their status.

12 Likes

I canNOT believe I didn’t share this here!! You all saw this right?
My friends and I cackled for hours and I’m pretty sure various T-shirts are being made…

Courtland Sykes, running for office of some sort in Missouri has SOME THINGS TO SAY about feminism.

Where my snake-filled headed ladies at? LOL

12 Likes

You never saw this guy’s campaign ad?

Here’s his trailer for his pro-Roy-Moore “documentary” video on fake news:

2 Likes

http://www.feministcurrent.com/2018/01/30/grammys-want-say-metoo-timesup-address-objectification/

8 Likes