Not Feminism 101

Meh. Carter may not have been a great president, but he has proven himself a decent human being.

13 Likes

Yes, he did. I was quoting Merle Miller, who wrote that not too long after “Plain Speaking” was published in the early 1970s. I sit corrected.

You gotta remember: My enthusiasm for HST was passed on to me by my parents, mostly by my father since dropping the bombs prevented him from having to join in the proposed invasion of Japan. And reading about the man as a man, not as POTUS; what he went through in WWI, his constant denigration by his mother-in-law (never said a word against her) - well, I just started admiring him even more for that.

And he and Mrs. Truman once broke the bedslats of their bed after he’d come back from a trip to Blair House (the WH was being overhauled at that time, after the ceiling fell in); Bess had to ask one of the Secret Service detail to have it taken care of, lol.

3 Likes

Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge.

1 Like

Tell what to Mrs. Coolidge? I am confoosed.

3 Likes

… an old joke about Calvin Coolidge when he was President … The President and Mrs. Coolidge were being shown [separately] around an experimental government farm. When [Mrs. Coolidge] came to the chicken yard she noticed that a rooster was mating very frequently. She asked the attendant how often that happened and was told, “Dozens of times each day.” Mrs. Coolidge said, “Tell that to the President when he comes by.” Upon being told, the President asked, “Same hen every time?” The reply was, “Oh, no, Mr. President, a different hen every time.” President: “Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge.”

ETA: Rather gone off topic, I fear…

7 Likes

Ladies:

17 Likes

Suitable contact info designations?

Nick the Dick
Nick’s Dick
Nick is a Dick
Nick the Prick
Nick’s Dick Pics
Nick’s Thumbprick
etc.

8 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes

They say “Hurt people hurt people” but really, hurt MEN hurt people. Hurt women most often hurt themselves.

Wow. That is so blatantly obvious that I’m kicking myself for not making the connection before.

12 Likes

I’m posting this on the other place, if that’s alright… and @chgoliz, I already posted the Marysue article…

4 Likes

Oh, sorry!

Isn’t the system supposed to give a warning if you try to post a link that’s already been posted?

6 Likes
5 Likes

I meant I posted it over at the BBS… although I think it got cut at the end of the day!

5 Likes

Ah, I see! Funny how the intelligent and informative posts get cut first, huh?

7 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

9 Likes

LLVM is partnering with Outreachy to provide paid internships to disadvantage minorities. Trash man de Espinola ragequit over it, calling the program sexist.

Trash men gonna be trash. Good riddance.

(Comment section, as always, populated by the enlightened idiot brogrammers.)

6 Likes