O, Canada - all your canuck news worth sharing!

2 Likes
2 Likes

It’s an ill wind…

8 Likes

I say this with love… fuck off America, keep your mitts off our butter tarts!

6 Likes

I think you are now obliged to say “sorry”, eh?

3 Likes

Butter tarts an Nanaimo bars are sacred, Canadian desserts! (I just picked up some from the farmers market today, in fact).

The bigger problem lately has been “contamination” of the purity of the butter tart with additions like raisins, pecans, walnuts… bah! :wink:

5 Likes

Raisins ftw! Raisins raisins raisins!

1 Like

PECANS OR NOTHING!

You and your dirty RAISINS can go back to New Brunswick!

5 Likes

You’ve just described a mini pecan pie. Are you sure you aren’t part American?

eta: Firm, not runny.

3 Likes

Pecans OR nothing.
IE: NEVER FUCKING RAISINS

And a buttertart =/= pecan pie.

Here’s a thing I don’t understand. Why can I buy frozen pie shells in 'Murica but not froze tart shells? Do y’all just not make tart versions of anything? Cuz thats just weird…

2 Likes

Just in general… any food available anywhere is just part of the ongoing process of globalisation.

I love how some foods are nigh-impossible to get anywhere except where they’re from.

4 Likes

Buttertarts are OURS dammit!
Don’t tell them!! They already got sugar pie and shooflie pie and what have you!
They don’t need to know everything!
(Cuz you know they’re just gonna ruin it! Make it supersize or made with margarine!)

I mean, have you seen what New Jersey calls “poutine”?

https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/7h4fpk/this_is_what_i_get_for_ordering_french_fries/

4 Likes

That’s enough sugar for you, Missy. :wink:

12 Likes

You know what else is ours? THIS!

8 Likes

Do we really want it? It’s part of American culture, let them have it, as long as they pay the littering fines and storage fees.

Also:

Abomination!

5 Likes

You and I both know that Tenderflake frozen tart shells are fine!

5 Likes

Wait, letting Americans steal all the cardboard-crusted, foul-flavoured petite pastries is an option? I’m all for it!

3 Likes

It’s got raisins in it, you like raisins.

5 Likes

Well, I do. I like my butter tarts with or without. However…

Pecans? PECANS?!

A butter tart is not a miniature pecan pie. How American can you get? I’m calling MissyPants’s Canadian credentials into question here… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

You hate maple syrup. Your own credentials are more in question than hers.

7 Likes